corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tracking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tracking
Nick A

User status: Offline
29th Dec 05 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following my previous post regarding me hitting a kerb yesterday and breaking my car i went to a garage to get a quote.

Kwick fit looked at my tracking which was way out, front right was on 0 (normal) but my front left was at 14 (seriously fcuked) . The bloke said it was the worst he'd ever seen, cars tracking is usually around 4 or 5.

They couldnt set the tracking cos my car is to low at the rear so ended up doing nothing.

i also will prob need a new tracking rod, anyone heard of these and are they expensive???

regards
Nic Barnes

29th Dec 05 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

track rod end? about £13 from motor factors last time i bought one for a nova
ed

29th Dec 05 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track rod will be bent of its that out after impact. They cost not more than £10, you should preplace the track rod end too which is about £9 and you moght want to think about replacing the lower ball joint too if everything else is getting done - they are about £10 and the bolts you need to replace when doing the ball joint are about £5.
Nick A

29th Dec 05 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going away until the 2nd of jan tomo and is going to the garage on the 3rd.

if they fix all this but cannot do the tracking will i still have the same problem?

at the minute my sterring wheel does not sit horizontal when going straight instead is at around a 45 degree angle.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tracking 23 database queries in 0.0084221 seconds