corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ok scrap my last poll...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ok scrap my last poll...
Butler

User status: Offline
13th Dec 05 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it be worth putting TB's on a 1.6 sport or would I be better off with a c16xe engine. Or does it not really matter? Rob_lee seems adimant the x16xe's go wrong because of 'EGR and shoot'
Rob_Lee
Banned

13th Dec 05 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both would be good but why pick an engine with less power!!!!

EGR's have always been hassle in my expirence (i used to work for Vauxhall till about month ago)

[Edited on 13-12-2005 by Rob_Lee]
Robin
Premium Member

13th Dec 05 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c16 head is better due to bigger ports, but x16 block is better due to pistons being the right size

if you TB an X16, you lose the egr anyway, so its the better engine IMO, and newer of course
broster
Premium Member

14th Dec 05 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x16xe goes wrong because of the egr. the c16xe goes wrong because of the AFM, you can remove the egr off the x16xe but not he AFM off a c16xe, if your going for tb';s anyway you remove all the crap sensors on the engine! also if you putting tb's on id expect your going ot give it a rebuild first so engine newness wont come into it, the c16xe has a "better" head, sbd recon there is 10-15bhp difference bewteene them when tb's up! i doubt this somehow. go for which ever is the cheapest and most original, try and get one that hasnt has the head skimmed etc so you can start from a pretty much fresh engine with plenty of scope
Butler

14th Dec 05 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for your help

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ok scrap my last poll... 23 database queries in 0.0090139 seconds