corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » sky multiroom

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sky multiroom
Demo

User status: Offline
8th Dec 05 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been thinking of getting a sky box installed in my room additional to the one in the lounge so i can watch what i want without my rents changing the channel

had a butchers on the sky website and it reckons its £10 per month to replicate the package we already got downstairs.

anyone got this with them? any pros or cons to be aware of?

and do they have to install another dish or will they do what im assuming and use a dual LNB on the dish thats already there?

oh yeah and im gonna ditch my 14" and buy something like a 26" screen cos it would be a shame to waste sky on a bloody crappy little portable telly
--Dave--
Banned

8th Dec 05 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does exactly what it says on the tin mate. £10 and that's it.

They won't install a second dish.

I'm not sure if there is any degredation in picture quality, probably very minimal if any at all.
drax

27th Dec 05 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got it, nothing wrong wiht it at all, not sure how much it costs but all they do is run another wire off the dish into another receiver box and ur done
antscorsa

29th Dec 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they basically wire up another box with another sky card, got one in my house. make sure its sky+ box
Cosmo

29th Dec 05 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah we've had it done aswell.

When we got sky+ installed we had the old box moved into the second lounge with multi room on that. £10 a month extra, they just run a second wire from the normal dish, and pic quality is just the same as before.
Sam
Premium Member

29th Dec 05 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All they do is replace the LNB on the dish with a 4 way LNB; i.e. you can have up to 4 boxes connected to the dish.

No difference in picture quality at all.

And yes £10 extra/month for each additional box, will have the exact same package as the first one.
L33 LEG
Banned

29th Dec 05 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got it, £10
RKS

29th Dec 05 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
All they do is replace the LNB on the dish with a 4 way LNB; i.e. you can have up to 4 boxes connected to the dish.

No difference in picture quality at all.

And yes £10 extra/month for each additional box, will have the exact same package as the first one.

if it is a 4 way LNB then if you got skyplus boxes you could hook 2 up to each box, that way you can watch something different on both boxes and also record something different on both boxes too.
Sam
Premium Member

29th Dec 05 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » sky multiroom 25 database queries in 0.0131671 seconds