corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CRANKSHAFT END SNAPPED, SH*T!!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CRANKSHAFT END SNAPPED, SH*T!!!!!!!!
CRB 553

User status: Offline
28th Nov 05 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JUST MY LUCK!

Piper cam put in all shimmed up, all belts put on and timed up all hoses reconnected......
Put alternator belt on, flywheel located onto end of crank tighten nut up with windy gun and the threaded end of the crank shears off!!!

PS -Thank you fiat for making the end of the crankshaft HOLLOW and of a weak cast metal.

Solution - will have to drill a hole in the end of the crank, thread it and put a bolt in with a large washer to hold the original pulley nut in place. I dont want to have to strip the whole bottom end down and replace the crank!

Just hope the hole doesnt affect the balance of the crank!
Ditch

28th Nov 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will affect the balance... but how much

anyway... is there not a punto forum somewhere for this sort of post
CRB 553

28th Nov 05 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you trying to say lol, ive been a member here longer than you and used to own a corsa why should i not be aloud to post anymore, there are many members here who no longer have a corsa.
Wrighty

28th Nov 05 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuked in a tick
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think he meant maybe someone on a punto forum would be better off offering advice to you than someone with a 1.2 corsa that cant change a flat tyre
CRB 553

28th Nov 05 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well this is true i suppose. It has been posted on my local punto forum but its just another story to share with you gents
Jake

28th Nov 05 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
i think he meant maybe someone on a punto forum would be better off offering advice to you than someone with a 1.2 corsa that cant change a flat tyre

low blow, sport....low blow.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CRANKSHAFT END SNAPPED, SH*T!!!!!!!! 23 database queries in 0.0097439 seconds