corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car lost at least 40% power ?? why :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car lost at least 40% power ?? why :(
MR2Mike

User status: Offline
26th Nov 05 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right no rich old men with fast expensive cars putting me down please... just sensible people who know their stuff.......

my 1.4 16v corsa b has lost so much power its unreal !! when i pull off in each gear the car dies, almost comes to a complete stop, then gets to 4k revs and all the power arrives at once which sends you hurtling off withotu warning, which isnt too much fun if theres a car infront!! its crazy ! what could be causing this low rev power loss?? blocked fuel filter or just the clutch gone or something??

should i get a diagnostic done?

[Edited on 26-11-2005 by Mike_Corsa]
Ant

26th Nov 05 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any ecu lights on? try paperclip test? u had any work done on it?
MR2Mike

26th Nov 05 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate no engine light or anything. it was serviced about 4k miles ago. its done 72k now, and supposedly had cambelt before a bought it at around 60k.

whats the paper clip test buddy ??

also theres a very loud knocking sound from cambelt side of engine (may just be rattles so im going to move induction kit when i get longer pipe) but its fuckin lous and i doubt thats the cause
carnuts

26th Nov 05 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its in the tutorial section under electrics then ecu fault codes tells you right how to do it
Ant

27th Nov 05 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there is a knocking sound from cambelt end i would get it checked out as a matter of urgency, tensioner could have given up and timing belt sliped
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

27th Nov 05 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
if there is a knocking sound from cambelt end i would get it checked out as a matter of urgency, tensioner could have given up and timing belt sliped

ill second that. a sudden loss of power on these engines without any em light is very likely to be a timing issue. the knocking could me the tensioner or water pump has slipped out of lace and caused the belt to go slack. the belt could have jumped a few teeth. take the upper cam belt cover off, get the engine at top dead centre and check the timing marks are aligned.
MR2Mike

28th Nov 05 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by carnuts
its in the tutorial section under electrics then ecu fault codes tells you right how to do it

cheers mate
MR2Mike

28th Nov 05 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie

thanks mate, ill take it to the garage on saturday and say "have a listen to this"

New Poll