corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance companys :@

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author insurance companys :@
Adge

User status: Offline
14th Nov 05 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so pissed off!
Right heres the tale!
i was driving a mates car on saturday and got pulled for having no front number plate, £30 fine blah blah also got a producer!

so wen to station today and my insurance form is invaild and says i cant drive anyveichle apart from my own!
However my policy last year allowed me to and when i renewed i just tought it was the same policy and also wen i rang up bout 8 months ago they said i was fine to drive any veichle but 3rd party only!

So Wtf! i have no idea wat is going to happen!

£5000 fine and a ban
all becuase my insurance company is wank!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Nov 05 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to your insurance company? the conversation may of been recorded.
Adge

14th Nov 05 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just have, they said they definatly never said that and they policiy is now u have to be 25 to drive any veichle! so that mean ive been driving my old work vans for 12 month uninsured aswell!
Teddy

14th Nov 05 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you should get 8 points for driving without insurance.

Every insureance company cancelled cross driver cover last year (under the age of 25)

I had this on a fully comp policy happen to me which i sorted out.

Thing is you dont have a leg to stand on because its IN WRITING what your policy covers and what it doesnt. Regardless of what they told you on the phone.

I can see your frustration i really can - but in all honesty they have you hook line and sinker.
Adge

14th Nov 05 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea mate, 8 points is a ban for me!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Nov 05 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by customcorsa
so that mean ive been driving my old work vans for 12 month uninsured aswell!

Might want to keep that quiet
Teddy

14th Nov 05 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear. Ban it is then. Unless you have a good case of needing transport to get to a perminant place of work.
Rileysport

14th Nov 05 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a good solicitor, because right now they're getting ready to bend you over, i had a similar thing and i got prosecuted for invalid licence and insurance... 14 day ban and 200 quid later... back on the road
broster
Premium Member

14th Nov 05 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how ever you try and word it, they will prob just say its your own fault for not checking thru the documents when you recieved them which they do advise you on the phone and it is stated on the documents covering letter.

Teddy

14th Nov 05 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
how ever you try and word it, they will prob just say its your own fault for not checking thru the documents when you recieved them which they do advise you on the phone and it is stated on the documents covering letter.

This is very true.

You was driving without insurance - End off really, regardless of circumstance.
Adge

14th Nov 05 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea mate, i know i dnt have aleg to stand on really! just so pissed off becuase i was never informed of the over 25 rule!
NovaGTE

14th Nov 05 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i had the same but luckly never drove another car on it, the women told me i could but when the cert came it said i couldnt so rang up to check, but was lucky i did or could be in the same position as u. Tis bad luck that
Ally

14th Nov 05 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yea mate, i know i dnt have aleg to stand on really! just so pissed off becuase i was never informed of the over 25 rule!

True, but its your responcibility to check policy details.

Harsh thou
broster
Premium Member

14th Nov 05 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ally
quote:

True, but its your responcibility to check policy details.

Harsh thou

not really harsh to be honest, if hed checked the documents then rang back and they pulled the call something would have been done about it. i have had errors on my insurance before when i call back to ask they are very good about sortingit out to make everyone happy.
Ally

14th Nov 05 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the law changed for the under 25 thing after his new policy started surely the ins company would have informed him via letter?
broster
Premium Member

14th Nov 05 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he stated that his documents said he wasnt covered anyway from the begining, so if it changed while he was insured then his original documents owuld have said he could drive any car
John

14th Nov 05 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you even allowed to drive a works van if you are covered 3rd party on other cars?
Ally

14th Nov 05 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
he stated that his documents said he wasnt covered anyway from the begining, so if it changed while he was insured then his original documents owuld have said he could drive any car

ban and fine it is then, let this be a lesson to everyone!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance companys :@ 23 database queries in 0.0112951 seconds