corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C 2003 1.0i 12V

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C 2003 1.0i 12V
Ferny

User status: Offline
11th Nov 05 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey its a Corsa C 2003 Active 12v just passed me test and wondering what on earth can i do to this car. i looking for more style than speed but i would like a twin tip exhaust with bit of roar behind it if u get what i mean. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get it done up

rough price guide would be nice to know how much it gonna set me back

thanks

[Edited on 11-11-2005 by Ferny]
evna

11th Nov 05 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

full exhaust system (cat back) usually around the 200 quid mark, id rip the cat off as well, as ive heard there quite restrictive on the 1.0's.

as for alloys, id stick to 15's matey, any thing bigger and you'll be struggling to get off your drive! 15's and drop it say 60mm. alloys and springs are gonna vary. decent set can start at £300ish

Springs up to 50mm dont need new shocks, 40mm springs will cost about £100.

if u dont want to go for a full blown body kit, i suggest a smart front splitter, rear diffuser and side skirts. dtm front splitters are about £140, skirts about 100-150, diffusers youll have to look up on.

As for interior, decent head unit, sub, amp and a pair of 6x9's usually do the trick for a newbie driver. depends on how far you want to go! Sub amp, head unit and 6x9's will probably round up to about £200. if you go to motor world/halfords etc, they usually have good starter deals.

Hope this helps matey

Luke
Ferny

11th Nov 05 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any decent websites for all of this? dont wanna spend a fortune as limited on funds. any recommendations on window tinting as wel i wis thinking quite dark on rear window and on the two smaller ones on the back slighty lighter and leave the front ones normal but dont really know how this gonna look as aint really seen many around where i live.
evna

11th Nov 05 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay.

If youre strapped for cash GO THERE. buy it, sell it, love it. Have sex with its unconcious body if you want...either way youll pick up cheap stuff at a decent price
Ferny

11th Nov 05 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 got any pics of there corsa C and how much it cost to make it look like that? might help me look what i want.
gareths corsa

13th Nov 05 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evna
full exhaust system (cat back) usually around the 200 quid mark, id rip the cat off as well, as ive heard there quite restrictive on the 1.0's.

as for alloys, id stick to 15's matey, any thing bigger and you'll be struggling to get off your drive! 15's and drop it say 60mm. alloys and springs are gonna vary. decent set can start at £300ish

Springs up to 50mm dont need new shocks, 40mm springs will cost about £100.

if u dont want to go for a full blown body kit, i suggest a smart front splitter, rear diffuser and side skirts. dtm front splitters are about £140, skirts about 100-150, diffusers youll have to look up on.

As for interior, decent head unit, sub, amp and a pair of 6x9's usually do the trick for a newbie driver. depends on how far you want to go! Sub amp, head unit and 6x9's will probably round up to about £200. if you go to motor world/halfords etc, they usually have good starter deals.

Hope this helps matey

Luke

firstly the cat cant be taken off a corsa due to it being part of the maniflod and as of yet no company make one for it,ive looked at a custom one built by the same company who did my exhaust and they said in the regions of £500 plus the power gain would not be worth it on a 1tlr,also im thinking that the car wont run with out the cat due to all the sensors etc as this is common case on the Z20 let engines.

the corsa c as alot bigger arches on than the corsa b and 17 can be bolted straight on without any problem providing the offset is right ie et 45 - et 49
personaly i would got for 16's.ive got these on my corsa c and its down by 30mm and never scrapped in the arches even when fully loaded.

if your looking at lowering,then i would suggest you buy eibach 30mm springs,these are designed to be used with standard shocks and give a comfortable ride,if you can afford it go for uprated shocks aswell,ive koni adjustables on mine and i can throw it round bends all i wont it just goes round like its on rails.
you will be looking at £115 to £140 for eibach 30's
personaly i wouldnt lower any car more than 40mm on standard shocks as it just knackers them up even quicker
if you really want to slam it to the ground then ive heard loads of people on ccuk using nova 60mm springs andits meant to lower the corsa by about 100mm due to the weight of the car,persoanly i wouldnt go for any lower than 30-40mm as you soon start to waer out wheel bearings quickly and other bushes etc

as for styling then thers loads of options out for the corsa c,mine started life as a 1.2 sxi in standard form,then it went a full reiger race kit,front and rear splitters and m3 style side skirts set me back about £500 with the saxo spoiler,good kit but i got board quickly as its very common now and alos getting the car on and off garage ramps was a mission as was jacking it up.
this what the car5 used to look like

now the cars stripped and got a full irmscher kit,fornt splitter,rear bumper skirt,standard sxi skirts,steinmetz fornt grille,sri fog light grille and a full colour code going on.
theres endless stuff you can do to the corsa c it just a matter of taste and budget.
ive still got the front splitter and a full reiger rear bumper for sale if your intrested.

hope all this info helps
Doug

13th Nov 05 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look in my garage bud. mines a 1.0 12v!!!

Power wise there is nothing you can do!!!!
induction kits sound pretty good on them for such a small engine though!
evna

14th Nov 05 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it kinda shows im a corsa b man
ed

14th Nov 05 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the love of god don't get ICE from Halfords, and don't get 6x9's and a sub
gareths corsa

14th Nov 05 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
For the love of god don't get ICE from Halfords, and don't get 6x9's and a sub

agreed

halfarts stuff is cheap and tacky.

the standard vxl ice is ok for a few months then it starts show and then the speakers pack up one by one,ive had 3 set of speakers in the front,vxls own,a set of jbl thingys (these were about as much use as a chocolate fire guard) these have been swaped for alpine coaxials,im still running the same rears as i dont fancy taking out half the inteior to change them and im running a 1000w alpine type r with a 300w venom amp,along with a pioneer cd,mp3 and this also acts as a amp for the 6.1 cinema surround sound dvd install thats currently packed up lol.
evna

14th Nov 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was only pointing the kid in the right direction!! yes, 6x9's are wank..but there ok if youre on a budget right?! Christ, feels like ive taken a shit on everyones face! sorry for posting :O

New Poll