corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what are pro's con's of...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what are pro's con's of...
corsa120

User status: Offline
7th Nov 05 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lightweight billet flywheel on xe

i know they generally make engine spin up faster and rev easier but whats the downside.

is it true they lose torque and pull uphill
broster
Premium Member

7th Nov 05 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no actual loss of torque, its loss of momentum but i doubt youd notice it, the ains of the engine reving up faster wold be more benificial, would result is less transmission losses
corsa120

7th Nov 05 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh cheez mark glad u cleared that up i 4got to ask while on fone what downside was.

bin on phone to courteny today, im gonna get it booked in in few weeks for this and groupn remap which will all come to 600 quid includin fittin and rolling road session.

hoping sport cat will be on and other bits so should be running sweet soon

[Edited on 07-11-2005 by corsa120]
broster
Premium Member

7th Nov 05 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

group n remap is that the eds software chip?
corsa120

7th Nov 05 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im as baffled to what it is as u m8 as there only superchips dealers dude on website

but mark from coutney who i spoke to said they do groupn map for c20xe and its map used for when these engines were rallying or somat.

only want 249 quid plus mapping session gaining plus 11bhp on most apps
broster
Premium Member

7th Nov 05 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mapping session, id say its basically a pre written bit of software, like the eds stuff. so basically a super chip, remember group n means normal! lol!
corsa120

7th Nov 05 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah i dont have clue m8 not tryin to state its special or out dude, yeh he said map (basically power run ent it but dude said they can tinkle with settings of map cos its an open map or somat)

yeh its just a chip but he called it groupn and then he stated we mainly do superchips hence making me think its not a superchip its same as but dif brand lol

im am really after piggyback but ill wait an see, flywheel is defo coming home to pappa though in next few weeks my crimbo box to myself lol, and battery in boot at same time soon.

broster
Premium Member

7th Nov 05 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id spend a little bit extra and get a unichip sttle map done to it to be honest, they are worth the extra money
corsa120

7th Nov 05 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i will as can remove to next car then so investment really

u dont happen to no where our nearist dealer is do ya mark
broster
Premium Member

7th Nov 05 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, sorry. few companies do their own styele ones, also you may not be able to move it to the next car ,there are different types of unichip.... the looms are different too, andthen it will need mapping again... i wouldnt buy one on that principle alone
corsa120

7th Nov 05 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recommend me one of the companies that DO THERE OWN version mark
broster
Premium Member

7th Nov 05 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill say jamsport....... their mapper man wayne does his own, from a company called chip wizards. think Northants motorsport have some kind of service too....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what are pro's con's of... 24 database queries in 0.0142710 seconds