corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MY FIRST RESPRAY FOR SOMEONE ELSE....almost done,new pics PAGE2

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MY FIRST RESPRAY FOR SOMEONE ELSE....almost done,new pics PAGE2
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
20th Oct 05 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few more pics there from the other post, given it bit more of a clean now also
ed

20th Oct 05 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
quote:
Originally posted by ed
I have heard you can get 2K paint that you don't need an air fed mask to use. Is this true?

I already have one comressor that I could use for an air fed mask and i'm planning on getting another one for spraying and running the air tools off... Just want to get stuff that I really need, rather than wasting money. I have been looking for books and other info on spraying but I haven't had much luck...

there are not many books about are there!!!! u can get 2k face masks i off ebay! think they are ok if u are not doing to much painting! if u wanna try use your compressor for the painting and then just get 2k face mask and c how u get on!
Yea, might just go for the air fed masks, because I don't want to die
BYRON

20th Oct 05 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So is the owner of the corsa happy with the new colour scheme and overall finish?
Krammy

20th Oct 05 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats dead of nice you

good job
FlamingCorsa

21st Oct 05 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
So is the owner of the corsa happy with the new colour scheme and overall finish?

well he seemed very happy with it when he got it back, not spoke to him since! he was going home via the main local town to show it off last time i spoke to him! hehe
Andy GSi

21st Oct 05 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play lad i bet kait isnt happy u spending all these hours in the shed, well done mate the skirts shown on the red corsa is my mates car, and hes done a great job. will have to go see that other lads car soon to c what that is like. if only i was still interested in my corsa i would get u to do a full re-spray, but i just dont want to waste anymore money of it.

[Edited on 21-10-2005 by andysri]
FlamingCorsa

21st Oct 05 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not overly happy with the finish on the purple/blue corsa but looks nice!

just planning shed that will become painting area! should be ace, lots and lots of lights, water to damp ground, 4 extractor fans, mostly smooth edges so no dust can settle, air points from the side of room! spraying room will be good 2 cars size, or 1 car and space to paint the doors etc off the car with ease! then next to the spray room will be a prep area with space for 1 car, then behind that another space for 2cars where can do messy work! cant wait! dad is gonna start stripping the room out next week i think.............its are old milking parlor at the moment ............ so got massive 4foot deep hold thats bout 20x8foot big!
micra man

21st Oct 05 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you going places with that mate. Tis good to see. Who is the online company where you get the paints from?? You got an address??
SJW
Banned

21st Oct 05 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some real pics of the paint mate, you coulda done a twat of a job for what we can make out there, not suggesting you have like, but impossible to judge
FlamingCorsa

21st Oct 05 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is email address:
nuagane.ebay@tiscali.co.uk

phone number :- 01234 355990
please quote me when u ast or enquire bout anything cos it gets me more discount cos they may also be helping out and sponsoring me on paint on jagcorsa also!

cant recomend then high enough tho!!!! defo give them a call for all bodyshop and paint stuff!
ash_corsa

27th Oct 05 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks realy good mate!
need someting doing with mine, r u up 4 the job?!
MOB

27th Oct 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I soooooooooooo want you to do my car!
cossie_corsa

27th Oct 05 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
this is email address:
nuagane.ebay@tiscali.co.uk

phone number :- 01234 355990
please quote me when u ast or enquire bout anything cos it gets me more discount cos they may also be helping out and sponsoring me on paint on jagcorsa also!

cant recomend then high enough tho!!!! defo give them a call for all bodyshop and paint stuff!

you changin the colour dude?? somethin clean and bright yeah??
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Oct 05 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks gd there m8!
have u got all the gear for flattening it all and polishing it?
bet u get loads of crap in the paint in the shed, we get sum in ours and that is in a proper booth!!

u can also buy 2k mask that are not air fed who ever was asking but u will need to change the filters like every 30 hours or so, i use one of these at work if i wear one cos i dont like the air fed ones, to restrictive for ur view and is alot harder to spray with!!
FlamingCorsa

27th Oct 05 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C4 WLK
looks gd there m8!
have u got all the gear for flattening it all and polishing it?
bet u get loads of crap in the paint in the shed, we get sum in ours and that is in a proper booth!!

u can also buy 2k mask that are not air fed who ever was asking but u will need to change the filters like every 30 hours or so, i use one of these at work if i wear one cos i dont like the air fed ones, to restrictive for ur view and is alot harder to spray with!!

i get more crap than i would like, the last car i did which was me gfs which was vw milkoviolet with metal flakes in so had loads of layers of laquer had hardly any crap in the paint! come out stunning!

spoke to that paint company and they say if i put a 1500 disk on my da sander that will get rid of the orange peel and then just give it a good buff up! will give that a practice on me gfs car..........hehe

yea i am after painting jagcorsa soon, wud be nice to get the thing on the road, currently started making a suttle version of jagcorsa with some custom touches should be nice and still reasonablly practical!!!

just finding time is hard, just made new menu for work and been doing lots of work on that and doing the new corsa and last day off was 10days ago so been doing that inbetween split shift!!! not much fun! never mind

off saturday.............me and me gf get to concrete the new spray room...i broke the news gently to her
Phil W

27th Oct 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which motor is that spoiler going on mate ??

Corsa goes tomorrow sad day !
Rob_Quads

28th Oct 05 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

spoke to that paint company and they say if i put a 1500 disk on my da sander that will get rid of the orange peel and then just give it a good buff up! will give that a practice on me gfs car..........hehe

Yup wet sanding / colour sanding what ever you want to call it makes such a difference to the finish. If you are spraying metal flakes its a must. No offence but the finish on jagcorsa is rougher than a 80 grit. Was quite suprised to see that the comany that did it had not sanding it down. Ideally then give it a final coat.

As the paint guys said, sanding it with some 1500/2000 and then a polish and it will come up a treat. Or be like some of the US hotrod builders and start with 1500, then 2000, then 2500 then 3000 then polish and it will look like glass. Saw then spend 1 week wet sanding 1 shell but then when it was finished it did look stunning.
FlamingCorsa

28th Oct 05 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:

Yup wet sanding / colour sanding what ever you want to call it makes such a difference to the finish. If you are spraying metal flakes its a must. No offence but the finish on jagcorsa is rougher than a 80 grit. Was quite suprised to see that the comany that did it had not sanding it down. Ideally then give it a final coat.

As the paint guys said, sanding it with some 1500/2000 and then a polish and it will come up a treat. Or be like some of the US hotrod builders and start with 1500, then 2000, then 2500 then 3000 then polish and it will look like glass. Saw then spend 1 week wet sanding 1 shell but then when it was finished it did look stunning.

thanx for this advice guys i really apricate it learning more and more from u!

the paint on jagcorsa is quite shocking really, i needs more laquer and a good rub down i think! but it was totally rushed to get it done for max power last year and we picked the car up 2 days before the show and still in bits no windows etc and was painted that morning and we were taking it home in the afternoon so they didnt have time to do anything to the paint! also with the bodyshop being 5 hours drive from me didint think it was worth popping car up to give it a polish etc! for the money i was charged it was ace job tho really!

when i did the flakes on my gfs car i just did one coat of the flakes, then 2 coats of laquer then rubbed it all down so it was smooth! then just went over with a final layer of laquer and the paint is pretty stunning on that, a lillte orange peely but only if u really look close and are trying to find faults in it!
antscorsa

28th Oct 05 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any progress pics on ur latest corsa project!
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Oct 05 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its are old milking parlor at the moment ............ so got massive 4foot deep hold thats bout 20x8foot big!
Thats what this room used to be - already had tiled walls

Pit was flooded as well, full of dung etc., well nice job
Graeme
Premium Member

28th Oct 05 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best way is to get sum 1500 wet and then get a polisher with a mop head on it, use sum G4 cuttting compoubd and do the whole car and then just a normally polishing head and sum finishing glaze polish!!

will look stunning after that and no crap in it!!

but be carefull with the mop as if u hit and edge u will take it through to the metal!!!
FlamingCorsa

28th Oct 05 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C4 WLK
best way is to get sum 1500 wet and then get a polisher with a mop head on it, use sum G4 cuttting compoubd and do the whole car and then just a normally polishing head and sum finishing glaze polish!!

will look stunning after that and no crap in it!!

but be carefull with the mop as if u hit and edge u will take it through to the metal!!!

yea i get scared i will rub through the paint when doing it thats y i keep putting it off.........hehe
Graeme
Premium Member

28th Oct 05 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if it comes to the worst u just have to touch it up a bit but aslong as ur carefull u should be ok!!
FlamingCorsa

28th Oct 05 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
its are old milking parlor at the moment ............ so got massive 4foot deep hold thats bout 20x8foot big!
Thats what this room used to be - already had tiled walls

Pit was flooded as well, full of dung etc., well nice job

yea thats similar to wot i have, we are concreating the hole in tomorro, then mdf all over the walls and cealing, 4 extractor fans on top of one wall, then 1 massive one going throught ducting on the other side, then 4 strip lights down each side, one at each end and 4 on the roof! all the doors in and out are gonna have seals in them, water tap in there to damp the floor down, ! permanat air lines going down the one side and stuff!

will get some progress pics of that in next few, days gutted i didnt take a pic a week ado when it was still a parlor! dad been working dead hard on it all week, will have floor with no hole after tomorrow!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MY FIRST RESPRAY FOR SOMEONE ELSE....almost done,new pics PAGE2 23 database queries in 0.1955769 seconds