corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » wide band lambda

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wide band lambda
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Oct 05 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Innovate-XD-1-Wideband-Gauge-Kit-AFM-Lambda-02-Sensor_W0QQitemZ8006351807QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

been looking at these lambda things that actually tell you the air fuel ratio... anyone have one, didn't muppet sport get one?!
bradfincham

13th Oct 05 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFR guage, there very very good if you can wire it in!!
broster
Premium Member

13th Oct 05 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one above is the complete kit tho, with the lambda sensor, just wondering if it takes place of the existing lambda sensor, will it hook up to the ecu the same way?
bradfincham

13th Oct 05 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Auto-Gauge-2-52mm-Air-Fuel-Ratio-White-Face_W0QQitemZ8005041596QQcategoryZ43120QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cheaper and will do same job but dnt have the digital read out
broster
Premium Member

13th Oct 05 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reading up on wide band lambda stuff tho, seems the wide band sensors are the way forward when having a tuned engine with high compression or turbo etc... that one you sent me is still narrow band....
broster
Premium Member

13th Oct 05 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also my manifold already has an outlet for another lambda sensor.... wonder if you run both... the standard one for the ecu to play on, and the one for the gauge seperate... hence having two sensors in the exhaust?
Teddy

13th Oct 05 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Proper" Wide band have the ability to remotely play with the lambda set up however
broster
Premium Member

13th Oct 05 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that means playing with the fueling, via the ecu
micra_pete
Premium Member

13th Oct 05 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, the 25 quid one hooks into the standard narrow band, and is next to useless for tuning, a "wideband" cannot by itself alter a/f ratio, i use a zeitronix setup , its quick, expandanble and very well priced, it can do more than many more expensive products can.
broster, there is no issue with running both, the zeitronix unit can give a "false" narrow band reading so it can be used, if you like, with the standard ecu avoid the cheap e-bay ones, they are rubbish. also personally i would say avoid the ones which are just a set of lights, rather than a lambda reading.
broster
Premium Member

13th Oct 05 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id prefer to run both so thats that sorted, any links to the one you use? also the oe in the link at the top of the page i did, would you recommend that.... is has an actual reading on it..
broster
Premium Member

13th Oct 05 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one else any input to this
Robin
Premium Member

13th Oct 05 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what i've seen of wideband lambda useage, its normally on big power turbo cars, and they just use a wideband probe and ram it in the exhaust

i have a fitting guide for a wideband kit to a cosworth which i can dig out if you want to have a read
broster
Premium Member

13th Oct 05 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this comes complete, allows ytou to moniter the engine better....
Robin
Premium Member

13th Oct 05 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll dig out the mag anyway

stickers?
broster
Premium Member

14th Oct 05 at 07:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno tedyd was sorting it out, i didnt go
Rileysport

14th Oct 05 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Innovate-XD-1-Wideband-Gauge-Kit-AFM-Lambda-02-Sensor_W0QQitemZ8006351807QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

been looking at these lambda things that actually tell you the air fuel ratio... anyone have one, didn't muppet sport get one?!

Yeah muppet had one... but he looks like silent Bob
broster
Premium Member

14th Oct 05 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sent hi ma u2u.......
James R

14th Oct 05 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wide bands are good, but once mapped you don't need one really unless it's a turbo motor, you'd know on your engine cause you'd loose power or it would feel a bit "odd" but that costs less. the Wide band sensors have a 0-5 (wide band out put) and a 0-1volt (simultated narrow output) so you only need the one.

I wouldn't worry really, most race teams done.
broster
Premium Member

14th Oct 05 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok..... cheres for that james, i have the space for one more gauge, i have oil presure and water temp, is there any other that will hell keep an eye on my engine? was thinking about oil temp, but is there anything more benificial

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » wide band lambda 23 database queries in 0.0155010 seconds