corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lowering 35mm

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowering 35mm
RCoughtrie

User status: Offline
8th Oct 05 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some avo lowering springs which lower the car 35mm.... won them in a game of cards last night .... few questions

1: am i best to get shocks to fit with them ? i did do a search here but didnt get an answer for lowering 35mm... heard you can use standard shocks as its not as ott as dropping it to say 60mm ?

2. If i do need need shocks can u mix E.G avo springs with gmax shocks ?

3. ET 42 17" alloys on atm gonna need some arch work ?

anyone help ? cheers

[Edited on 08-10-2005 by RCoughtrie]
Bullet Proof SRi

8th Oct 05 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your lowering only 30ml, you may get away with just useing springs, however if the car is old you may as well buy some shocks.

the wheels may catch on the arches, ideally you should have et45 or higher to avoid arch work. just see if they rub when you put them on.
dna23

8th Oct 05 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

35mm shud be ok on standard shocks for a while, the handling won't be superb bear in mind but they won't get shagged like they wud with 60mm so if ure on a budget then it's all cool and just save up over time...

if ure more concerned about handling and reliability however and have the money then go ahead and buy some dampers.... as far as i know they're pretty much compatible mate but gmax are a budget company so i'd look into something a bit better if u have the cash

arch work cud be a case of simply removing the bolts and bonding your arches on but i doubt it'll be more than that with 35mm drop
RCoughtrie

9th Oct 05 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys that helped alot, will get some shocks... gets it all done and dusted

[Edited on 09-10-2005 by RCoughtrie]

New Poll