corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Quick question about fitting headunit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick question about fitting headunit
Dean_H

User status: Offline
26th Sep 05 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never done one before and thought it would be easy by pulling out the wires from the back of the old headunit and putting it into the new one.

BUT NO!

I pulled out the old headunit, there was a cable plugged in which i take it is the antena for the radio, and also pulled out the wiring loom from the back of the old headunit.

The new headunit i have has a different wiring loom connections, so i unplugged the old wiring loom (single block) and plugged in the new wiring loom (double block) and then plugged the loom into the back of the new headunit, i also plugged in the antena into the back of the new headunit.

But i have a cable which is ORANGE and splits into red/yellow which is sepperate from the loom but connects into the loom plug

And i also have a BROWN cable which is sepperate from the loom but then plugs into the loom connection

These were plugged into the back of the old headunit....

On the new headunit there is rear L/R connections that have not been plugged in (RED/WHITE) there are no wires for this but i have rear speakers?

Anyway i switched the headunit on with the present antena and loom plugged in and it sounded like the motor inside the headunit was turning but the display didnt come on.

What the hell am i doing wrong? i dont have any instructions with the headunit so i aint got a clue?

Anyone got any good tutorials with fitting a kenwood W4031 MP3 CD PLAYER into a corsa b 1994...

Cheers

[Edited on 26-09-2005 by Dean_H]
Dean_H

26th Sep 05 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with pics http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=2363838#post2363838
Doug

26th Sep 05 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right the L and R connections would be RCA outputs for external amps.

What car is it?
Dean_H

26th Sep 05 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall corsa B 1994, merit

ive posted in mig

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=2363838#post2363838

there are lots of photos explaining whats happening.

Looking at it i need the brown , red/yellow wires for power? yes? but there are no connections on the back of the headunit for nothing, even no connections on the plug of the headunit....

so im stuck aint aint got a clue
Doug

26th Sep 05 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the red and yellow wires need to be plugged into opposites. So red to yellow and yellow to red as vauxhalls need this doing so the head unit will save settings etc
Doug

26th Sep 05 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im just going for food so will be abck in a bit
Rob_Corsa

26th Sep 05 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replyed in off day

New Poll