corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Phone company problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone company problems
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Sep 05 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my girlfriend got a contract with Tmobile for...

400 free mins
400 free txt's
and 150 = free. (150 is the thing were you check stuff, like txts left etc)
and she paid £21.00 per month.

now part of the deal was after 6 months the price plan would be £41.00 for the last 6 months.

she called them this morning after some anomolies in her bill and they told her that she has to pay £41.00 and she no longer gets her 400 free txts and she has to pay £1.50 per minute to use 150.

she was never told that tmobile was going to cut her txts and then make her pay £1.50 a min for 150.

so were does she stand? does she just have to deal with it or is there something she could do.

i suggested that she cancels her DD at her bank so no money can be drawn out. therefore cancelling her contract.
Nick A

24th Sep 05 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should tell you the terms on the contract aggreement you signed, thats the place i'd look first
shawboy

24th Sep 05 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you cancel the DD they will just keep charging her and will keep phoning for payment.
then they may send the heavies round.
marklawton

24th Sep 05 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the contract they sent you thorugh the post, if it doesnt metion in in there then ring them up and give them hell
dannycorsa c

24th Sep 05 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end the contract. you can do it.just have to pay for the next month. get on O2 online.by far the best
Matt H

24th Sep 05 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has she read the contract?
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Sep 05 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H

no she is at work. i dont think she has a written contract, as she did it al love rthe phone,

as did i ive never had a contract.
langey

24th Sep 05 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
quote:
Originally posted by Matt H

no she is at work. i dont think she has a written contract, as she did it al love rthe phone,

as did i ive never had a contract.

you will have had a contract somewere along th eline and will have agreed to it or they wouldnt have let you sign up. and it wil more than likly be a thing in the contract that says this will happen after 6months, so looks like your stuck till end of the contract, unless u get the number changed to o2 and then i think that ends the contract with no probs, but dont quote me on it.
Matt H

24th Sep 05 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will have sent you a copy of the terms & conditions when you got the phone
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Sep 05 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we ordered it over the net tho..

and i know i never got one.
langey

24th Sep 05 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
we ordered it over the net tho..

and i know i never got one.

but you will ahve accepted terms and conditions, and not read the small print and now you cant get out of it
ssj_kakarot

24th Sep 05 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they will have sent you a copy of the terms and conditions when the phone was sent through the post like most people you probs just discardered them, er pretty much you are stuck it probally is somewere in the contract that they were going to do this so not much you can do . whatever you do dont just cancel the dd as it does not cancel the contract they will still charge you and when you wont pay they just write the debt off to a debt collection agency.

best thing to do is phone up t-mobile explain exactly what happened gain see if there is anything they can do or if they have done something wrong chances are you might get a decent person on the phone line who will help more however you will probelly get a twat who just doesnt give a toss who generally work in most call centres.

any way if no one will do anything and i doubt they will, just tell them you wish to change ya line rental to the lowest that is avalible something like hmm £12 a month or something not sure on t - mobile and then tell them you wish to cancel the contract earlier, you will hve to pay the remaning line rental up to the 12 month period but as this is based on your current line rental it wont be that much, then get a contract with a decent phone company and also read the terms and conditions next time.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Phone company problems 23 database queries in 0.0093019 seconds