corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What should i do?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What should i do?
Filby1

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 05 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go down the C20XE route, thats from a 1.2 8v that is or go for C16XE and go the THB route, i was thinking about doing this also on C20 but the cost has to stop sometime, and going the C20XE way with the car would mean mounts shafts ect + Engine costs. so think its going to be either the 1.6 un thbs or standard c20xe
Rileysport

23rd Sep 05 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for ease of fitting go c16, for instant power and scope go c20... then there's the whole weight arguement
Filby1

23rd Sep 05 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know and do want the car to handle a little and the c16xe will go in so easy, and can still get good powre on thbs
Rileysport

23rd Sep 05 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Filby1
i know and do want the car to handle a little and the c16xe will go in so easy, and can still get good powre on thbs

sounds to me like your mind is made up fella... i changed plans from 20xe to 16xe for what its worth
Filby1

23rd Sep 05 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just want more power than a poo 1.2 but trouble is by the time you spent all the cash on mounts fixings and engines ect and a rebuild ur gona be looking at 150Bhp then £2,500 fotr THbs. and its still never gona beat wrx's and whats not, where as i can bang a 1.6 in now for the price of the engine and a full service and im of from 45Bhps to 109bhps big jump for now and maybe thb's or manzel late
Rileysport

23rd Sep 05 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Filby1
i just want more power than a poo 1.2 but trouble is by the time you spent all the cash on mounts fixings and engines ect and a rebuild ur gona be looking at 150Bhp then £2,500 fotr THbs. and its still never gona beat wrx's and whats not, where as i can bang a 1.6 in now for the price of the engine and a full service and im of from 45Bhps to 109bhps big jump for now and maybe thb's or manzel late

yeah, i just aquired a nice clean c16xe bottom end for peanuts too... its got a whole 15k miles on it
Filby1

23rd Sep 05 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What power we looking at with nthe below inlet + Exhaust manifold mild headwork and Viper?

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=1967
Rileysport

23rd Sep 05 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a clue but for the difference in price i'd run an x16 inlet and buy this

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=1968

300 quid cheaper
Wayne

23rd Sep 05 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you wait for the rite moment, you can do a conversion cheap, i got a c20xe in for less than 700 and it was serviced before it went in, not sure on the mileage but doesnt smoke inless ur botting it to like 7k then changing gear, that was like including brake discs,pads,shafts,one mount we copyied off another corsa for free easy done, and it was fitted properly and ive had it for about 3 month now and minor teething problems id say go c20xe

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What should i do? 23 database queries in 0.0101862 seconds