corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » COMPUTER ppl ideas wanted

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author COMPUTER ppl ideas wanted
Andy GSi

User status: Offline
14th Sep 05 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my PC isnt recongising my USB ports. i have plugged my camera in, and on the camera it says USB mode, but the PC doesnt know its there. same with the printer. all the drivers are installed probally.

ANY IDEAS?
Jamie

14th Sep 05 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uninstall them then re install them

Sometimes you have to intall the software prior to connecting anything in the USB
Andy GSi

14th Sep 05 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried that mate, no luck on that one!
MULLER2

14th Sep 05 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what OS are you using?
ChrisD16v

14th Sep 05 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are ur usb ports detected by ur pc if not the card may be loose in ur motherboard!! are they internal or external ports?
Edd

14th Sep 05 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better watch out Rob B the thread police will tell you this is in the wrong forum
Andy GSi

14th Sep 05 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

using XP for OS. and the USB ports are internal ports m8.
m4cK

14th Sep 05 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would boot into Safe mode in XP ( punch the F8 Key on boot up) this will give you an option to go into safe mode , then once in windows "right click" on "My Computer" - "properties" - "device manager" .. You might need to remove all USB controllers and drivers . Reboot into normal windows desktop and you should get " found new hardware blaar blaar ,,.. then get your drivers for your camera and slap them in your CDROM and using the "Found hardware Window" do a Search for new hardware which will search the CDROM for drivers ...... if this dont work and the generic drivers for windows arnt there then you need to go to the motherboard manufactorys website and download the USB inf or chipset driver and try to install over the top ! ... hope this helps you out
Andy GSi

14th Sep 05 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, i have done all what u said on the first part, will try ur idea about "go to the motherboard manufactorys website and download the USB inf or chipset driver and try to install over the top"

cheers for the info lads, will keep trying to find the problem
CorsaControl

14th Sep 05 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back up all your wanted files... then do a full reinstall of the OS... sounds like somethings corrupt..
MULLER2

14th Sep 05 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you get a Manu. CD with the machine? If so does that have drivers you can install. Some laptops come with a CD that contains drivers for the onboard devices. Have the ports ever worked? If the motherbaord faulty? Try a clean install if nothing seems to resolve the problem get on the dog and bone and see if they will send you a new motherboard.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » COMPUTER ppl ideas wanted 23 database queries in 0.0110302 seconds