corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trying to make some money, Any one no anything about Fiestas?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trying to make some money, Any one no anything about Fiestas?
James@CCC

User status: Offline
24th Aug 05 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually get pissed off with people asking about anything except corsas, so i apologise now!

One of my mates sisters is trying to get rid of a fiesta, its an utter shitter so im thinking of buying it cheap, fixing some bits and sellin on, depending on how hard it is to fix its biggest problem....

It basically doesnt like to rev higher than 3.5k in any gear. I gonna be using this to get it dirt cheap and im thinkin its probably just a fucked ecu i cant think of anything mechanical that might be causing this?

But you guys no a lot more than me! I have no problem having a go fixing things, its just diagnostics that i cant do!

Thanks alot guys
Rob R

24th Aug 05 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what year and model fiesta is it?
mikehiow

24th Aug 05 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe a problem with air intake/exhaust, mate of mine used to have a similar problem, his cat was damaged, de-cat fixed it
James@CCC

24th Aug 05 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry, its a p reg, so i think its mk4? its the curvy shape, not the boxy one

intake or exhaust makes sense. ive been thinking ecu, but just realised no em light was shown, so i guess this is ok. I could easily fix intake or exhaust cheaply and make quite a bit, but id be worry if it could be the cams controlling intake/exhaust
James@CCC

24th Aug 05 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been out in it and its quite a crazy car!

if the clutch is down or its in neutral, u can rev it as normal all the way to 6/7k

in first it can get to about 5

in every other gear it stops at 3.5k

Im still thinkin along the exhaust being blocked route. would this make sense with these results, i was thinkin maybe more exhust gases to release being clogged in the higher gears but not in neutral as theres no resistance

bump for the morning crew too
t_benn_1

24th Aug 05 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mates got one the same.

Something like it used to be a training car or automatic somthing like that anyway

So it could be ECU
Rob H

24th Aug 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, as said abouve could be An aftermarket rev limiter built into it, or has it only just started doing it?

Other thing as silly as it seems, is that the accelerator cable could be really loose, hence when your moving along and the engines under load, you cant give it full throttle .
Black Stallion SRi

24th Aug 05 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ecu in safety mode if it has one? must be lighting up or has the bulb on the dash gone?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trying to make some money, Any one no anything about Fiestas? 23 database queries in 0.0082090 seconds