corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 50miles and car is broke! (Back now; but mad!!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 50miles and car is broke! (Back now; but mad!!)
lee mitchell

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 05 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i very much doubt both the cylinders are fucked
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Aug 05 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worth changing them both while youre there though. only one of mine was leaking, but thought that while the drum was off and new shoes fitting then i might as well have done both.
bradfincham

23rd Aug 05 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I give him 4 weeks before he sells it

sorry to hear that chap
NovaGTE

24th Aug 05 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
£300

rear brake cylindres: £7 each
rear pads: £12
full handbrake cable: £24

(just did this lot myself, so prices are fresh in my mind) so thats a total of £50 for parts, £250 for fitting

i would argue with them over that price mate, thats bordering on criminal. should take 2 hours labour max to fit that lot.

[Edited on 23-08-2005 by corsa808]

They kinda have me by the balls as the car is 50miles from home and cant be towed etc cos of mototrway and the rear brakes are locked on Will ask for a brakedown of the bill when i pick it up tho

Dont wanna sell the screen, not even got it in yet Cheers Morty, yeh did get the text
TNM

24th Aug 05 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
£300

rear brake cylindres: £7 each
rear pads: £12
full handbrake cable: £24

(just did this lot myself, so prices are fresh in my mind) so thats a total of £50 for parts, £250 for fitting

i would argue with them over that price mate, thats bordering on criminal. should take 2 hours labour max to fit that lot.

[Edited on 23-08-2005 by corsa808]

But you are dodgey as fuck and no one trusts you
NovaGTE

25th Aug 05 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now back total cost was £225 so not as bad as i expected but still a dent in my wallet

But when i went to pick the car up they had not quite finished it, so went and sat in the waiting room. Then i herd the car start up (cant miss it cos its so fookin loud!) and it driving of the ramp. Then all of a sudden i hear it being booted and see it wheel spinning out of the garage then the blokes goes hurtling off down the road and skids to a halt at the end, turns round and hammers it back At this point i am goin mental at the reception as the car is not even ran in yet, has only done 60miles on the brand new engine and front brakes and the twat had just fitted the rear brakes The women behind reception went out and gave the mechanic a bolocking but i dont think that is enough, so am gonna be writting a letter of complaint which i will copy to the recovery company as it was Green Flag who sent this garage out to me
Edd

25th Aug 05 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats pish you should be looking for a full refund imho
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

25th Aug 05 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

posted by tnm:

whats your problem you prick? why do you feel it necessary to post something about me in every thread i post on?

who the fcuk are you anyway? and where do you get the idea im dodgy? think you have me confused with someone else.

[Edited on 25-08-2005 by corsa808]
Jamie

25th Aug 05 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovaGTE
Now back total cost was £225 so not as bad as i expected but still a dent in my wallet

But when i went to pick the car up they had not quite finished it, so went and sat in the waiting room. Then i herd the car start up (cant miss it cos its so fookin loud!) and it driving of the ramp. Then all of a sudden i hear it being booted and see it wheel spinning out of the garage then the blokes goes hurtling off down the road and skids to a halt at the end, turns round and hammers it back At this point i am goin mental at the reception as the car is not even ran in yet, has only done 60miles on the brand new engine and front brakes and the twat had just fitted the rear brakes The women behind reception went out and gave the mechanic a bolocking but i dont think that is enough, so am gonna be writting a letter of complaint which i will copy to the recovery company as it was Green Flag who sent this garage out to me

I'd have walked out to the car grabbed the boy out then slammed his head with the door a few times.

Probably about as much progress as you'll get out of it, as clearly its not something out of the ordinary if you had to get the receptionist to sort it out
NovaGTE

25th Aug 05 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well will be writting to them warning them that i will be contacting the recovery company who would obveously be a large contract for them; might get something back. Also now i have the oil leak i have to wonder if was something they have done!
Nismo

25th Aug 05 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have gone out there and gone mental

i would have then wrote them a cheque and drove off , then ring my bank and cancel the cheque
Tom

25th Aug 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheeky fucks I would not have been able to control my aggression
corsa5dr

25th Aug 05 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my god! W4nkers
Fad

25th Aug 05 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovaGTE

But when i went to pick the car up they had not quite finished it, so went and sat in the waiting room. Then i herd the car start up (cant miss it cos its so fookin loud!) and it driving of the ramp. Then all of a sudden i hear it being booted and see it wheel spinning out of the garage then the blokes goes hurtling off down the road and skids to a halt at the end, turns round and hammers

it back At this point i am goin mental at the reception as the car is not even ran in yet, has only done 60miles on the brand new engine and front brakes and the twat had just fitted the rear brakes The women behind reception went out and gave the mechanic a bolocking but i dont think that is enough, so am gonna be writting a letter of complaint which i will copy to the recovery company as it was Green Flag who sent this garage out to me

This happend to me also one when i left my car with a garrage. I actually went nuts told them they will be hearing from my solicitor and i had witnesses who saw what happend.

I later had the bill of £250 paid for with a complementery valet which i turned down
NovaGTE

25th Aug 05 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i will be onto them today with a few treats

There was no point doing anything about it yesterday as there was no point getting myself into trouble be getting aggressive or not paying the bill as then i wouldnt have a leg to stand on
Edd

25th Aug 05 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant remember who it was off of here but he's a copper,he dropped his car(xe or let) off at a garage went to work and pulled it over in his unmarked t5
Charlene

25th Aug 05 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats shocking

I would deffo write a letter of complaint If they can do that when you are waiting for it, then imagine what they are doing when your not there !
BYRON

25th Aug 05 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

String em up by the balls.

Remember the time i collected my nova from a garage back in the day.

Got there and my front bumper (gsi) was not on the car but thrown in the boot.

I had warned them that it was low, but they hammered it on the ramp regardless and ripped the fucker clean off.
TNM

25th Aug 05 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
posted by tnm:

whats your problem you prick? why do you feel it necessary to post something about me in every thread i post on?

who the fcuk are you anyway? and where do you get the idea im dodgy? think you have me confused with someone else.

[Edited on 25-08-2005 by corsa808]

You are dodgey. You have conned numerous people on this forum. There was even a thread last week or week before some one had posted saying not to buy anything off you and quite a few people posted saying you owed them parts and all sorts.

Maybe one day you will find out exactly who i am!
NovaGTE

25th Aug 05 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
String em up by the balls.

Remember the time i collected my nova from a garage back in the day.

Got there and my front bumper (gsi) was not on the car but thrown in the boot.

I had warned them that it was low, but they hammered it on the ramp regardless and ripped the fucker clean off.

I was kinda worried about that with mine as its so low, made sure i looked around all the bodywork, wheels and interior before i signed the release.

The most stupid thing about it is that he had just done the brakes and they woud need bedding in even if he didnt know the potential damage he may have done to the brand new engine and 4-pots on the front So could have ruined the work that i had just payed £225 for
Jake

25th Aug 05 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why i never trust garages..
NovaGTE

25th Aug 05 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
why i never trust garages..

Yeh i dont ususally, me and my dad generally can do the work. Or if need be i know a few garages local where i know the people there and trust them and there work; but due to the circumstances this time i had to just go with them or pay £90 to get home

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 50miles and car is broke! (Back now; but mad!!) 23 database queries in 0.2015259 seconds