corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Will i Loose abs going to a GTE16v upgrade

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Will i Loose abs going to a GTE16v upgrade
davcohen

User status: Offline
21st Aug 05 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tomz i am changing the standard setup on my GSI as the brakes are rubbish mostly as the pads are old and the system needs to a good bleed

im just wondering if i upgrade to GTE16v spec brakes do i loose my ABS or worse have the ABS light constantly on?

also would i have to bleed them in a certain order including the rears?
Nic Barnes

21st Aug 05 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

abs runs off the cv joints so it wont be affected at all.

if you get mole grips and crimp the brake line with them before you remove the pipes off would only have to bleed the fronts up, but wont even need that much bleeding.

i left the front calipers off mine for about 2 weeks and only bled the fronts up when re-fitted newer ones, never had any bothers
Ant

21st Aug 05 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

abs should be fine breaks will be great but pedal will feel very average ....awaits flaming
Nic Barnes

21st Aug 05 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i dunno what people are on about. ive got 256mil brakes on one corsa and v6 288's or 284, which ever they are on the other and both feel bang on for braking.

guess its more to do with how you like the feel of the pedal. never concerns me much as long as the brakes actually work fine
davcohen

21st Aug 05 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i dont mind the feel, its just currently with the std ones they need bleeding quite badly i have to push my foot really hard and even then they isnt that much going on

so thought either bleed the brakes or upgrade the brakes then bleed them so opted for the second one
casper_ac

22nd Aug 05 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a tutorial for doign brake upgrades...
where would one get gte brakes!

New Poll