corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Distcharge

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Distcharge
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 05 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can any1 help me with a few problems i have with my ice?

1. When i turn off the car the speakers seem 2 distcharge and its rather loud.
2. 1 amp turns on when the headunit comes on, then about 10 seconds later the other amp comes on? I sont remember it doing this b4.
3. I have a PLD line driver, but the bass sounds better withoutit, seems 2 fart with the line driver in place.

Any ideas on any of them would be nice.

Thanks
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

4th Aug 05 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can any 1 help please
SteveW

4th Aug 05 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it that your speakers "pop" when you turn them off ??

cos my ex had that problem... turns out its down to a bad earth, however you normally need to strip most of the ICE out to find the problem.. so she ended up living with that...

also the amp problem she also had.. again sound gallery were baffeled by it (they didnt the install)

as for your Line driver.... i dunno anything about them
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

4th Aug 05 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have earthed the amps to the seat belt mounting which i herd was a good point. I have got the ice to sound alot better now, but its still discharging
neiliosxi

4th Aug 05 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check all your cables, are u using a relay to switch on your amps? hope so!
it could be down to the different amps.
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

4th Aug 05 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do u mean by a relay? I am using the blue remote cable that comes off my headunit.
ash_corsa

7th Aug 05 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anymore than 2 amps u need a relay mate, just stops you loosing voltage on the remote cable of the h/u cos its tryin to turn on too many amps
neiliosxi

8th Aug 05 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, instead of your remote wire switching on your amps, the remote wire will switch a relay.
the relay will have al ive feed in one end and a live out, when the relay is switched on. take the live out to a dist block and wire your amps, any neons, lights etc to the relay. as soon as u switch your headunit on, relay switches on, evenything comes on at the same time!
relays are about £5 so well worth it!
also if u have a problem somewhere u know to check the relay first!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Distcharge 24 database queries in 0.0097709 seconds