corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO People of CS, how do you afford mods...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO People of CS, how do you afford mods...
Fear

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 05 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got one loan but that was just as much for other things as much as it was for the car, and it was only a 2 year one and it was the time i moved so need the cash then!

ive got a bit on a credit card and im overdrwn but thats only because i want the car finished now for my feature next week after that i will claw my wayout of it in the next few months!

I do have a mortgage and i do save £100 a month and ive had a nice holiday already this year so i dnt think im silly with my money but spending it on the car is my hobby!
vibrio
Banned

2nd Aug 05 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Get student loan, then bum around for a few years after uni earning under 10k and it's written off.

few years you mean when your 50
jamied

2nd Aug 05 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a loan for 3k when i turned 18, got loads on credit cards and work 6 til 12 at a supermarket and 5.30 til 12 delivering pizzas!!!
And sell stuff on ebay

Always need money for summat tho :-(
Icy

2nd Aug 05 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

credit card at the moment
usually when i use it i got the money but kinda used it too much latelyt
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Aug 05 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work lots

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Greasemonkey

2nd Aug 05 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take my advice dont get a loan, i got a loan then another loan and ended up in the situation im in now, i had to sell my car as i could no longer afford to run it. I now work up to 7 days a week doing 16 hour days twice a week with 2 jobs just to get by. Spend what you have not what you dont have. All my borrowing will be paid of in wait for it...............................7 years!!!!!!
Ojc

2nd Aug 05 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fcuk that
stuartmitchell

2nd Aug 05 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chumbly_warner
I work 6-7 days a week and nights if need be. Only have something done when i have the money. Took me a whole year to save up for the changes i had done for max this year. Would never mod a car again though!

Interesting, do you regret modding the corsa then? I said I would never mod another car but I think im addicted to it
J da Silva

2nd Aug 05 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm minted but I don't like flash cars, never have.
chr15barn3s

2nd Aug 05 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I save up for what i want. I need a new job though
Nismo

2nd Aug 05 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine rebuild = 4.5K love it

Laura_1.416v

2nd Aug 05 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my last one, I did a few little bits at a time, then had an argument with a lorry which left it requiring a lot of painting so ended up getting a respray, bumpers & arches painted & sideskirts painted & fitted courtesy of insurance company! But then it got crashed into again & written off so i've bought a car for a grand (which i had to borrow off my dad but now getting a loan to cover) & used the insurance pay out to get it resprayed. Also got crashed one back & sold all the bits using cash from that for a few bits & bobs too.
drunkenfool

3rd Aug 05 at 03:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had metro for 18th but year early so i could learn to drive, worked 20 hrs a week all through college, sold the metro and used my wages to buy the corsa. Sold all my old train sets from when i was a kid to buy the bodykit too Worked two jobs for a while, took a year out between college and uni working and spent most of my money on the car. New one was paid for with insurance payout from old one, 21st bday moey, a little bit i had saved up and im also right at the end of my £1250 student overdraft Still working at the offy now im back from uni, and also made a bit of cash selling stuff on ebay! Just takes time to get everthing done
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
3rd Aug 05 at 03:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Student loan bought me loads of stereo years ago but I've never taken out a loan just to do car stuff, sillly money. Overdrafts and swapping money between 0% introductory periods on credit cards makes far more sense.

Most stuff recently has been buy now pay with money but I'm not modding much these days, went to Halfords for a battery before and came back with a toaster from Comet next door instead.
ed

3rd Aug 05 at 03:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Save up.
Hip Hop

3rd Aug 05 at 03:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Win the lottery!
impish

3rd Aug 05 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL!

1/ they live at home
2/ they have a job

Thats me - which is why all i can afford is a car and my alloys via a loan + credit card...thats it on the modding front for a long while... although i might be getting a new gear knob and Bee sting areial in the not too distant future?
Nic Barnes

3rd Aug 05 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work 4x12 hour shifts for a flat week with 4 days off of which i try and get in atleast 2x12 hour shifts of overtime in, or 3 if i can be bothered. 84 hour working week sees me enough money to buy bits for me car. own everything aswell, nothing on finance or credit cards.
L33 LEG
Banned

3rd Aug 05 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hear some people sell drugs

iv mangaed to mod my cars, even tho iv hardly ever worked, by not wasting it on fags and drinking mainly. all the money i used to get all went on my car.
vibrio
Banned

3rd Aug 05 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Student loan bought me loads of stereo years ago but I've never taken out a loan just to do car stuff, sillly money. Overdrafts and swapping money between 0% introductory periods on credit cards makes far more sense.

Most stuff recently has been buy now pay with money but I'm not modding much these days, went to Halfords for a battery before and came back with a toaster from Comet next door instead.

LMFAO thats the kind of thing I do. what toaster you get?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
3rd Aug 05 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tefal Avanti Deluxe - http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/dyn_imgs/prods/prod_full/860858.jpg

Its a beast.
Steve Smith

3rd Aug 05 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had car since new which i had finance for. Since then everything was saved for by working hard. Christmas and birthdays have always helped by asking for a certain thing or requesting money. Its been a long term project though.
My biggest help has been working for Vaux dealership though. Getting stuff at cost buying at trade prices and doing favours for favours, this comes in so handy at the bodyshop and workshop
RS6

3rd Aug 05 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Get student loan, then bum around for a few years after uni earning under 10k and it's written off.

mav

3rd Aug 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mostly through work etc...but do put bits and bobs on my credit card...but i do it gradually don't go spending 2k in one go etc...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO People of CS, how do you afford mods... 24 database queries in 0.1967969 seconds