corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » started cleaning and stripping (now with pics)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author started cleaning and stripping (now with pics)
welshdude

User status: Offline
30th Jul 05 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sit so low with the Corbeau frames that I can just see over the steering wheel. I love it

I had the adaptor bars first and like you said you sit way to high

[Edited on 30-07-2005 by welshdude]
welshdude

30th Jul 05 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also the holes in the subframes don't line up at all with the holes in the car so some custom work is needed to get them to fit

Also you won't be able to attach the pre-tensioners and standard seatbelts to the frames without going through the custom route. Me and my dad had to weld on extra brackets just for the harnesses.

Steve

[Edited on 30-07-2005 by welshdude]
a_j_mair

30th Jul 05 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they sliding?
welshdude

30th Jul 05 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they slide. You may as well get them, I feel like I'm going alot faster than I am with my harnesses strapping me in. 1.0ltr power!!
jr

30th Jul 05 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corbeau subframes are ok, had the mounting poibts for harnesses on there as well
welshdude

30th Jul 05 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
my corbeau subframes are ok, had the mounting poibts for harnesses on there as well

Yeah they had mounting brackets there but they were to short, so it was impossible to fit the harness mounting eye as there wasn't enough room between the seat and the transmission tunnel.

We just extended the bracket that was already there and welded the mounting eye to the bracket
a_j_mair

31st Jul 05 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i need to get myself a set of these next. going to make up a list of parts i need tonight and go to vauxhall tomorow to see what i can get
Poundie™

31st Jul 05 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think im a bit lost, what happend to it in the 1st place? Stolen or sumthing?

Sorry for being a pain lol
a_j_mair

31st Jul 05 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was at the bodyshop for 10weeks. always just days away from being ready. guy was hardly every there. wasnt working 'all hours' on the car like he said. never answered any calls ever! only ever text me. phone was turned off for bout three days when he said the car will be ready tonight and never phoned then was off. so i got it trailerd home and am going to take it to a local bodyshop to have the polishing all finished new window seal put in that was never done. then they are going to paint the back bumper and sort, then paint the front one.
car came back a mess!! wheels filthy interior carpet filthy dash covered in a thick layer of dust. boot floor carpet burnt and covered in filler butchered wires burn in the seat
a_j_mair

1st Aug 05 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to vauxhall today, got a new black carpet ordered egr blanking plate and some interior fixing clips came to £115

then we a trip to the scrappy managed to find myself a sensor/plug that is supposed to be at the end of the wiring loom that i have been missing since putting the engine in. i am hoping this will sort out the EM light
i also managed to get a connector plug out of a door to try and sort the wiring in the doors, the only thing is the connectors are slightly different and am not sure if il b anle to get them to work fingers crossed. if i cant it will be a trip to the auto electricians for some connectors and that will allow me to get the door wiring sorted and looking

pics to follow later

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » started cleaning and stripping (now with pics) 23 database queries in 0.0115321 seconds