corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO people running EDS management.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO people running EDS management.
jamesw

User status: Offline
20th Jul 05 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know at least phase 3 and above use a MAP sensor, now sure about phase 2 it may also? now i know GM replacment the AFM unit with MAP sensors @ some point, so is it the case you actually disconnect the AFM if you have phase 3 or above managment?
Nic Barnes

20th Jul 05 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, the map sensor is inside the ecu all the time. thats what the vacuum going to the ecu is. the phase kits bypass the amal valve, not the afm. with the pins etc you chop out the ecu and solder wires to differnet places, thats how you by pass the amal valve. it will tick constantly when you put ignition on means its done right.

you need the afm plugged in at all times or it wont register what amount of intake air is going in

do you not have a wiring diagram for it?
jamesw

20th Jul 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it hasnt arrived yet, so why do i still need the afm if i have a map sensor? i was under the impression map sensors were to replace afm's
vibrio
Banned

20th Jul 05 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pipe going to ecu will be detecting boost pressure for the ECU to control the level.

map sensor would be located on the inlet itself
RobHayes

20th Jul 05 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt the MAP sensor detect the intake air pressure, but not the flow?
Nic Barnes

20th Jul 05 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need an air flow meter with it to run. when it arrives the instrustions (if they aint german like mine are) are simple enough. you need to split the ecu and solder wires inside it.
jamesw

20th Jul 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just seen this http://www.carlton24v.co.uk/afmmap.htm which talks about scrapping AFM's for MAP sensors, cant understand how my 1.4 ran ok then without a afm and only a map sensor?
jamesw

20th Jul 05 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"In stock form in the MR2 it produces 145hp. The 4AGZE is also used in later model Toyota Trueno and Levins but produces more power (160hp) thanks to a variety of reasons including larger crank pulley, higher compression, and the change from AFM to MAP sensor system."

Finding a lot of talk converting from AFM to map, but no explinations of why the two need to be used together
ed

20th Jul 05 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Becuase your 1.4's ECU was designed only to use a M.A.P. sensor.
jamesw

20th Jul 05 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found an answer apparently on the LET they only used the MAP for the boost, afm is still used for the intake, it was the later engines they start using the MAP for air intake aswell
Nic Barnes

20th Jul 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can throw it away if you get real engine management. the eds stuff id basically just chips to over ride the boost safety feature of the std ecu. the old chips like the ones i had didnt adjust the ignition map depending on what stage you had the switch on. i believe the newer ones however do.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FAO people running EDS management. 23 database queries in 0.0124009 seconds