corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » road angel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author road angel
langey

User status: Offline
18th Jul 05 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do these work??

i dont understand how they know if a cammara is working or not, as they dont beep if there is a cammara which dont work. so how does it know if there is no film in it or not??

also how do they stop you getting done by a hand held speed gun?
surley the cops could pull up anywere they want and just catch you, but apparantly road angel stops this? dont belive it myself like.

anyone clear this up? also is it worth getting the 1st road angel or splashing out alot more for the new one?
Skinz

18th Jul 05 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are crap, they work on the fixed cameras by using there gps positions so you have to rely on it being 100% up to date, and the mobile guns they use by bleeping when they detect you are being targetted, by that time you've already been got, waste of money, i just use the safety camera database on my tomtom navigator, works just aswell
Hip Hop

18th Jul 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The q about the hand held pnes, they probably send out some kind of signal that the road angel recognises as a speed camera...
broster
Premium Member

18th Jul 05 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had a road angel and tom tom 3, i found the road angel sooo much better than the tom tom, they work off gps as stated and you can update the data on it as and when you wish. they beep at all functional cameras. and the yhave a laser detector to alert you of mobile traps, althought they usually have all the mobile sites programmed in
Skinz

18th Jul 05 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
i have had a road angel and tom tom 3, i found the road angel sooo much better than the tom tom, they work off gps as stated and you can update the data on it as and when you wish. they beep at all functional cameras. and the yhave a laser detector to alert you of mobile traps, althought they usually have all the mobile sites programmed in

like i said they dont notify you until your being fired at so pointless
langey

18th Jul 05 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so they dont detect the mobile shit till you've been got, and the other cammaras is useless unless its been updated that day really??
Skinz

18th Jul 05 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the GPS system is pretty reliable if its fairly up to date as not many speed cameras appear every day, but like i said you can have this very system on tomtom if you have it, the only advantage the road angel pretends to have is that it detects mobile cameras by detecting the laser, ie when you being fired at so too late then
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Jul 05 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but road angel 2 stores all of the mobile sites as well. so will warn you if you are near a mobile site. this will make you slow down before they get the opportunity to target you with the laser gun
langey

18th Jul 05 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
but road angel 2 stores all of the mobile sites as well. so will warn you if you are near a mobile site. this will make you slow down before they get the opportunity to target you with the laser gun

then you half your speed, so your doing 70mph, then back on the gas and the cunts have moved to the next junction since you last updated your RA

broster
Premium Member

18th Jul 05 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
quote:

then you half your speed, so your doing 70mph, then back on the gas and the cunts have moved to the next junction since you last updated your RA

they cant just park up anywhere without notifying the council whom black spot get the gps locaitons off and let you have it for your road angel
Skinz

18th Jul 05 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

tomtom speed camera database has mobile speed camera spots too
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Jul 05 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you work for tom tom

should do, you seem to like them a bit
langey

18th Jul 05 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
Originally posted by langey
quote:

they cant just park up anywhere without notifying the council whom black spot get the gps locaitons off and let you have it for your road angel

ah ah so thats how they know about mobile units,

so really if its uptodate then they wont get you unless you go thundering past a copper on patrol.
Skinz

18th Jul 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
do you work for tom tom

should do, you seem to like them a bit

no but i have created a program to use with tomtom this is my site http://www.poisoft.co.uk

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » road angel 23 database queries in 0.0135820 seconds