corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Repair Problems Need Help!!! (Urgent)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Repair Problems Need Help!!! (Urgent)
Zee Man

User status: Offline
16th Jul 05 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was hit in the back by a taxi driver, he eventually admitted fault and i went through his insurance and their approved garage. The damage was to the back bumper and the rear quarter.

1 day before it was due to go in Reg Vardy (the garage) cancelled and when i asked why they said it could be that either the insurance company has cancelled the repair or i had cancelled the repair, they then told me it was neither of these and that they had not been able to provide a courtesy car, the car was then re-booked in and i was only told i would have to pay insurace for the courtesy car @ £5 a day. I even asked if i could claim that back off their insurance.

After much delay they fixed my car, and at the same time he said 'You can come and collect the car, and you also know you have to pay a bill of £623.00'. I was like YOU WHAT!! Its supposed to go through the insurance. I rung the incident management company and they said that the taxi driver (although intially admitting the accident) is no deninng it ever took place (i have phone conversation where he says he ran into the back of me..). The incident management company told Reg Vardy not to carry out the repair, but they continued.

The situation for me is i aint paying £623, but they have my car and i have their courtesy car, and i dont want them to continuing charging me for courtesty car.

ANy help will be appreciated.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jul 05 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have to pay it and pursue claiming it back, and hope you win.

Keeping their hire car will just get you more hire car charges and storage charges for your car.
Kerry

16th Jul 05 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep
i had a non fault claim and the bloke is not replying to letters i had to pay £450 excess which i may or may not get back depending on whether he admits liability
Zee Man

17th Jul 05 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any more advice?
broster
Premium Member

17th Jul 05 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely you can get some legal advice you say you have a phone conversation of him saying he did it and the insurance comapny said he did t, he cant all of a sudden say there was no crash if he has notified his insurance!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Repair Problems Need Help!!! (Urgent) 23 database queries in 0.0109360 seconds