corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » website/php/http gurus

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author website/php/http gurus
Dom

User status: Offline
29th Jun 05 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i using the fopensocket to nab some data from another site, is there anyway i can mask my server from them? ie: they cant trace it back to me?

been reading that headers can be faked quite easily, but there webserver is bound to have logs, so i can disguise my ip addy?
would i need to use a proxy?

cheers,
Dom
jamesw

29th Jun 05 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

proxy would be best bet IMO, no point in faking headers as there will be detailed logs somewhere with the correct IP
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jun 05 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're probably better relying on obscurity and small amounts of regular looking traffic rather than spoofing stuff, what you having?
Dom

29th Jun 05 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You're probably better relying on obscurity and small amounts of regular looking traffic rather than spoofing stuff, what you having?

thats the problem though, im sending this site a query (different data) and it then dumps out a page and im nabbing the source etc - so its a bit of a bugger to nab it in short bursts as i need it to display as quickly as pos etc

so i think proxy is the only way to go - but obviously change the proxy every so often
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jun 05 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not mirror the data over the course of a few weeks or something?

Or ask them nicely?
Dom

30th Jun 05 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Can you not mirror the data over the course of a few weeks or something?

Or ask them nicely?

no, the data is entered by the client and then sent to there server and then wacked on mine
and ive already thought about getting my own backend, but its going to run into the thousands, maybe 10s...so that idea went right out of the window.

But if anyone knows how to do route planning then let me know

cheers for your helps guys, ill try out the proxy idea and see how far i can get with that
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Jun 05 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah route planning is not something you can really cache. Data costs thousands as well but the good news is that the routines to search it are just maths.

Are there no places that will do this officially for you? I'm sure you can do it free if you leave their logo on etc.

New Poll