corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sunroof roof!!! how hard?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sunroof roof!!! how hard?
calidus

User status: Offline
26th Jun 05 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rite I really really really want my car to be a tilt and slide equipped corsa as I have never had a sunroof appart from the GTE i briefly owned and i like the light it gives etc...so im considering choppin roof section out of a scrap corsa with the workings in, then remove all my roof lining and pay someone to cut out old and weld new section in (providing the old welds could be ground out) I can easily fit the parts back in its just the welding side of things, and if it is actually possible? lol if anyone knows gplease give some help
ed

26th Jun 05 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't recomend it, welding stuff onto the roof is very difficult as the metal is ultra thin and the roof is a structural part of the car. Not saying it can't be done if you find a skilled enough bodyshop to do the welding e.t.c...
M2RTY

26th Jun 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u wouldnt cut the section out, you would just cut the hole out, and use the brackets for the runners inside the car and then replace the roof lining

easy job

or

buy a tilt and slide job and get it fitted, its quite easy to do and needs no spraying if done right. can have a normal pop up one for 250 fitted, about 400 for slide
calidus

26th Jun 05 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i was hoping to get away with going down tilt and slide route cheapish...I believed the tilt n slide roof had to fit snugly with the roof metal to seal?
Stu_22

27th Jun 05 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you need a sunroof as I have one sitting in my front garden?

New Poll