corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bleeding brakes....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bleeding brakes....
JUGGA

User status: Offline
25th Jun 05 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondered if any of you guys have done this? and if the '1 man £4.99 kit' actually works????
Twiggy

25th Jun 05 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haynes manual!
JUGGA

25th Jun 05 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah yeah... just had another look in the haynes thought it was only helping you if you had a hydraulic bleeding but just seen it tells ya with a one man kit.
JUGGA

25th Jun 05 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually i remember doing this some time ago, didnt work to well... though iw as told back then to take the brake fluid cap off when bleeding them, this true? as the haynes doesnt say anything about taking it off...
Adam-D

25th Jun 05 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always have two ppl doing it or itll draw air into it and you will be bolloxed
JUGGA

25th Jun 05 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the haynes says the best was is the 1 man system... says if thats not available use 2 man system..... lol
mazdaspeed

25th Jun 05 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need one guy on the pedal, one on the bleed nipple.

1 man kits suck the fluid out using vacuum created by using a bag of liquid i think.
Twiggy

25th Jun 05 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i go on the nipple please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake

25th Jun 05 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Siberia

26th Jun 05 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my experience.. them 1 man kits are only usefull for p1ssing brake fluid all over the place....

get a mate or family member( i usually use my mother ) to be your pedal presser and you do the other bit...
Kerry

26th Jun 05 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo needs two people

get an empty bottle and a brake bleed pipe thingy. half fill the bottle with brake fluid put the end of the pipe with the tiny slit in into the bottle and make sure its submersed in the fluid. then the other end goes on the nipple. get someone to press the peddle and watch for the air bubbles. thats the air coming out the system. when the bubbles stop the air is out, tighten the nipple and move onto the next brake. also there is a correct order to do them in but thats something you should check with manufactors instructions i.e haynes

[Edited on 26-06-2005 by Kerry]
Mistamist

26th Jun 05 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back passengers, front drivers, back drivers, front passengers.
JUGGA

26th Jun 05 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha used them 1 man one way valve thingys and guess what???? my car is even worse then it was!! FFS.....

wil do the 2 man job soon, so all i need is a peice of normal pipe that fits on the nipple??? half fill a jug with fluid, then what? press the pedal a couple of times?? or constantly? what if i dont see any bubbles coming out?
ed

26th Jun 05 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bled my brakes on my own with a home made one man kit. A piece of 2x4 which I jammed the brake pedal with agaisnt the seat while I closed the nipple. Worked fine
JUGGA

26th Jun 05 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im doing it the 2 man way now but not having much luck, its a little bit better but not as good as it should be. it wont stop instantly..ect.

when i was doing the rears the fluid stayed solid no bubbles what so ever, get my gf to pump the peddle a fair few times then held it down for about 5 mins, no bubbles on the rears at all, i kept the fluid topped up every time, the fronts... it seemed like there was LOADS of little bubbles really small ones all in the tube when i connected it, doen the same thing and left it on for about 5 mins before the tube started going dry at the top slowly all the way to the bottom almost so i tightend nipple and took pipe off. went around the car AGAIN but the brakes dont seem good at all. i changed the front brake pads today too. any ideas????

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bleeding brakes.... 23 database queries in 0.0131910 seconds