corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone with TIS or a GSI

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone with TIS or a GSI
James@CCC

User status: Offline
12th Jun 05 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking for some more info for fittin gsi sideskirts. Im having loadsa trouble finding stuff in TIS, does anyone know where i can find sideskirt info, i cant even find archs, only metal body parts.

Alternatively can any gsi owner gimme their chassic number so i can put this in and then only get relavent info.

Also does anyone with gsi sideskirts no wot a little black circle type thing goes. ive got the white clips sorted but have 1 black circle thing either side left

cheers
Adam_B

12th Jun 05 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had no idea what those circle things where so i didnt use them, skirts havent fallen off yet tho
James@CCC

12th Jun 05 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i no they wont fall off i just have bits so i feel i must use the bits!
Dan. T

12th Jun 05 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James@CCC
Im looking for some more info for fittin gsi sideskirts. Im having loadsa trouble finding stuff in TIS, does anyone know where i can find sideskirt info, i cant even find archs, only metal body parts.

Alternatively can any gsi owner gimme their chassic number so i can put this in and then only get relavent info.

Also does anyone with gsi sideskirts no wot a little black circle type thing goes. ive got the white clips sorted but have 1 black circle thing either side left

cheers

Vxl never made a template for fitting the GSi sideskirts as it was done by robots, so ull need to guess or take a template off a geniune GSi.

Black circle type thing is a rivett that holds the skirt onto the sill/bodywork it'll go into a hole where the jacking points are in the sideskirts
James@CCC

12th Jun 05 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking through the tis i eventually found it, they call sideskirts sill stone protectors

anyway, they do make a template, but fuck buying that, ive got that bit sorted now anyway.

Im just lft with this thing

this cant be the rivet u mentioned. although it does fit in this hole as u said

wots it do tho? wots the point?

im gonna be writing a guide once im done which is y i wanna get it perfect and not just say fuck it
jamesvalver

12th Jun 05 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf is that lol. i got a gsi n it dont have them lil bits lol. after me accident i just ended up bondin the skirt on lol
James@CCC

12th Jun 05 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly it seems so pointless yet vauxhall spent time and effort designing and making it so im not giving up on it.

can people with a gsi tell me if there is anything in the whole in the rear jacking cover
Jafster

12th Jun 05 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is for that hole its so you can rivit it to the body with a bigger rivit
Jafster

12th Jun 05 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont buy the rivits from vauxhaull as they are shit

ive just recently fitted them so thas why i no
James@CCC

12th Jun 05 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it goes in the hole, then a rivet goes through it? What rivet etc as ive only got a load of the usual little ones used with the white things. they seemed ok anyway, i wanna use all factory fittings.

think ill just fuck it at this rate seeing as im gonna be smoothin over the jacking covers anyway
Adam_B

12th Jun 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mr jafster
dont buy the rivits from vauxhaull as they are shit

ive just recently fitted them so thas why i no

i had no problems, also prefer the vx ones as they have that double head on so you can slide the clips on and off
James@CCC

12th Jun 05 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o yea, i was gonna ask u about that. how do u slide on or off, cos only one of the holes on the white clip has room to slide.

im still waiting for the bottom clips things, wot are these like, how do they go on? more riveting?
Joff

12th Jun 05 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sideskirts I've got (non-Vauxhall) have several square holes on the reverse as if they're supposed to slot over something on the sill.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone with TIS or a GSI 23 database queries in 0.0130241 seconds