corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Credit Cards

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Credit Cards
Dean_H

User status: Offline
4th Jun 05 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im good with money and have never been in debt and dont feel the need to (untill i get a house)

So whats the deal with credit cards?

Why should i get one?

I have heard that they "protect" you if you purchase somthing with a credit card?

Also cause i have never been in debt and never had a credit card does this mean i have a bad credit rating? If i get a credit card and pay my credit card off each month like a good boy does this mean i will have a good credit rating? what advantages do you get with a good credit rating?

How do they work? you spend and purchase things with your credit card throught the month and and the end of the month you get a statement saying what you owe the credit card company? if you pay off the statement straight away you wont encounter any charges???

Cheers
Jamescorsa97

4th Jun 05 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only reason i got one is for 0% on purchases for first 6 months, after i have paid it back i am cutting it up!
someone

4th Jun 05 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

credit card companys help you if you buy something and it goes wrong. online purchases are best on a credit card for this extra security

also if you pay your credit card off on time every money you basically you gain intrest on the money when it is sitting in your bank.

good credit rating is needed for gaining loans .

yes you get a credit card bill at end of month saying you owe me for 4000£ and pay me by a week wednesday.
BlueCorsa

4th Jun 05 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Credit cards offer protection against you being ripped off, like 'someone' said.

Like if a company goes bust or they just don't send your goods out - ring up the credit card company and they have to refund you. Some credit card companies offer insurance on purchases in case they get damaged/are stolen within a certain period from purchase (usually 60 days I think).

Some cards offer some travel insurance when tickets are purchased using the cards (although this type of protection seems to be dying off these days). My American Express has refund protection so that if I buy something then decide I don't want it, but the shop I bought it from won't take it back, then Amex buy it back off me

Look on www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk for information on the best cards/cheapest rates, etc.
Ally

4th Jun 05 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never got into debt and never ever had a credit card, yet i wont be able to get a loan/credit card etc etc untill i have a credit history ... which i can get because i probably wont get accepted for anything
Colin

4th Jun 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a credit card, just dont go stupid with it!!!!

Ive got one with a £3k credit limit.....doesnt mean I go out buying stuff like a total idiot

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Credit Cards 23 database queries in 0.0099130 seconds