corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » avo coilovers!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author avo coilovers!
denzo72

User status: Offline
   27th May 05 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just about to buy a set of avo coilovers for my corsa b when my mate said i would need to make modifications so i can put the rear coilovers on coz they wont fit coz the arch is to small! is this true or is it bs? if it is does any 1 know wot needs to be done?
the reason i went for avo was coz the rear was also height ajustable azwell az adjustable damping rate, is there any other coilovers which has height and damping rate adjustable for the rear?
Joff

27th May 05 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rear turret needs to be modified to make them fit.

Speak to Broster.
broster
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
The rear turret needs to be modified to make them fit.

Speak to Broster.

shut up joff, you know jack!
Murray

27th May 05 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine fitted on without anything needing done, the most u need to do is hit the inner arch with a big hammer so it doesn't catch.
like i said tho mine need sweet fa.
Nic Barnes

27th May 05 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the corsa ive got with avo's on looks like they just fit straight on. cant see anywhere anything has been chaged at all. feckin low at the back
broster
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

muppet sport, i fitted those, nothing has been changed but if you wish to raise it then you will need to hit the inner arch a bit to give it some clearance for the spring to move better
Nic Barnes

27th May 05 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broster, cheers, will have a look. dont want to raise it really, just got some speedlines was gonna fit but not sure if they will. will have to paint em black anyway as looks well with black wheels on it
denzo72

27th May 05 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the replys! ive just ordered them now!! if i have trouble fitting them broster will have to come sort it out !
Nic Barnes

27th May 05 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with them on that gsi and an let engine in the boot and bits of interior all over the place, the wheels, belive it or not never caught once on the 300 mile trip home. handles well as well. out manuvered man own xe corsa on a roundabout on the way home
broster
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, yeah we moved the engine in it as i was fed up of using mine as a van lol, looked ace relly really low! handles wlel, would handle better if a little higher
Nic Barnes

27th May 05 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant think of many ways to make it lighter. obvious buckets, maybe chop the dashboard, fiber glass bootlid and bonet. thats boot it that i can think of. isnt even that noisey when driving considering theres nowt in it
broster
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont forget its got a standard exhaust on it, mine with a bfo exhaust is a tad loud.....to make it lighter buckets, dash then start on the body kit, wheels, boot etc............ remove all the seat mounting points

[Edited on 27-05-2005 by broster]
G4RY_JM

27th May 05 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These will go straight on...

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=218122
Nic Barnes

27th May 05 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, but the avo ones have a complete rear set up all in one, so the rear springs are part of the shocker assembly and not seperate part on the beam by them selves like they look like

New Poll