corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Forza Motorsport

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Forza Motorsport
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
20th May 05 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on Forza if you add exhausts and things do you actually see them when you race?
Adam_B

20th May 05 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its good, but not as good as GT4 overall IMO. Its nice to see your car smashed up after a big impact, the AI is decent as well. Its also nice to have more than 5 opponents, and im quite liking the engine conversions you can do. I have an MR2 turbo engined corolla AE86, tuned to 424bhp, drift weapon

but GT4 has better menu system and the tracks are more intresting and detailed, Nurburgring for example is like a direct copy of the real thing on GT4, on forza its almost unrecognisable in places.
Nath

20th May 05 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rented this out today and i'm already bored of it.
Nath

20th May 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who will be playing this on Xbox Live tonight?
Drew
Banned

20th May 05 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll have a look onto it if ya want nath.
dont have a mic like as broke it

as for being bored of it, thats prob cause u aint got into it yet, i thought it wasnt very good when i started playing it, but the more i played, the better it got.

just won a ferrari too
Nath

20th May 05 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah your probably right. I only played for a few mins. Comparing it to GT4 doesn't help, its a different game.

I don't know my username for Xbox Live but i'll find it.

I have a Mic but never use it, its embarassing!!
Drew
Banned

20th May 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, also u feel stupid sitting in your room shouting at the tv

good laugh listening to the yanks muttering on thou
Nath

20th May 05 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They piss me off. I play Ghost Recon 2 alot on there and they get far too excited. Bunch of cocks
Paul_J

20th May 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha just shout abusive language at them on the mic... most of them are only 12 - so it's good warping their minds.

tbh I wish I could be playing this - haven't played a online racing game for years
Nath

20th May 05 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last online racing game I played was PGR2, and thats shite.
Drew
Banned

20th May 05 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a good game online, i enjoyed it last nite, as most people think its need for speed or something, and if u stop for a corner, you have a good chance of winning
Nath

20th May 05 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
its a good game online, i enjoyed it last nite, as most people think its need for speed or something, and if u stop for a corner, you have a good chance of winning

Yeah I found that out the hard way
Drew
Banned

20th May 05 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i wrote about it on my site, the 1st nite i played the game, over a series of posts..........

im actually liking this game, not sure if its better than gt4, but like on gt4, ive only got shitty slow cars so far, so prob get better as i get better cars.

The 'b spec' seems better than gt4, u gotta drive tracks, and it learns how u drive, so when u want to use it, it drives like you do.

Playing over xbox live is fun

time for another update...

1stly, there is no licenses to do like gt4, so its buy a caqr, get in it and race

the game itself is nowhere near the size of gt4, ive completed 6.3% of career mode already, and 3.2% of arcade mode, but lets be honest, gt4 was huge, and how many people got over around a 1/3 of the game??

The sound in this seems alot better too, for example, the scoobys in gt4 didnt have that flat four rumble, (which i dont like btw) where as on here, they have the rumble. I been flying around in a modded Lancia Delta, and the turbo spool up and the dump was mint

Another point is when u win a car, its actually useful for a different race, not like in gt4 when u did the porsche race, then won a porsche, or the bmw race and won a bmw, whats the point of that??

thats all for now, i shall report back with more findings as i get them.

oh, have u got an xbox like david? or if your gunna get one to play this, and u get xbox live too, you can create a 'car club' online, where you have your little gang racing for the same club/team, seems like a pretty neat idea.

oh something i forgot to add, the crash damage on it is pretty good, ive had bumpers hanging off and stuff. Had a crash at the start of 1 race, and had to drive a full 3 lap race, with my car pulling to the right

Also if u use manual gearbox, and u keep hitting the limitter, it slowly kills your engine so you dont have any power. i drove round in 1st bouncing of limiter till engine turned red, stopped, and set off, and took a good minute to get up to the redline in 1st gear
Carl

21st May 05 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you turned off the abs, traction control etc? not tried it yet without.
Paul_J

21st May 05 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's so true about Gt4... Wtf was the point in doing a Porsche race to win a porsche etc... you buy a porsche - mod it so you can win... then race and get a car back that's worth less than your mods...
Nath

21st May 05 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been playing Forza a bit more and it's actually quite good. Prefer the style of driving, you can give the cars a bit more stick going into corners and slide alot more.

I prefer the menu system on GT4 though, its alot more involving.
mk4_astra

21st May 05 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know the rules for the tight restrictions on level 10? ive got 4 cars that are all different(awd, mid engined etc..) but none are allowed to race, do the cars need to be kept standard?
Drew
Banned

21st May 05 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
anyone know the rules for the tight restrictions on level 10? ive got 4 cars that are all different(awd, mid engined etc..) but none are allowed to race, do the cars need to be kept standard?

where do you mean? :S

on career or arcade?

which race :S
mk4_astra

21st May 05 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

career mode, then professional. im sure the civic type r is class c but it wont let me race in the class c event, then again my type r is 500 bhp..
Drew
Banned

21st May 05 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when u mod your car, it changes the class of it. with u modding it so much, it may be now class b or something. go to garage, and u will see what class it is i think in the top left of screen
mk4_astra

21st May 05 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right never noticed that, all sorted now. might not be quite as in depth as gt4 but it cant be far off with it going all the way to level 50

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll