corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa or Nova?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa or Nova?
Mst_Malik

User status: Offline
   13th May 05 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the better car for a redtop conversion?

A corsa or a nova?

I hear what you guys have to say about heavy mounted engines, will this be an issue with a 1000kg corsa?

Also how much slower are corsa's in comparison to nova's (2.0 16v)

Regards
DaXx

13th May 05 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The nova will be faster by a second or 2. But with the nova you'll have to strengthen the engine bay (seam weld)
Mst_Malik

13th May 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats probably due to the excess 150-200kg

How quick do one of these 16v (2.0) Corsa's hit 60mph? On average/straight drop in.
ed

13th May 05 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7 seconds I think... Corsa is better, stronger shell and the crankshaft pully doesn't rub against the bodywork without hammer adjustment
Nic Barnes

14th May 05 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nova is faster, but rattles and is an older looking car. id say from doing both, the corsa went together better and had less problems of pipes rubbing through etc than the nova. nova wheel spins far more, and on 1/4 mile i can beat my mates xe nova on the set off into 3rd gear, then it just creeps past. beats my 1/4 mile time by .2 of a sec. not much in it.

kerb weight of car is 80kg different, so remove interior out of corsa, same as nova performance. also, i belive the car is actually a wider track, hence the better traction.

corsa is a better car to drive aswell. you dont have to buy a burberry cap unlike when you own a nova

New Poll