corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa has had a bad night :( **UPDATE**

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa has had a bad night :( **UPDATE**
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th May 05 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not touched them Found the cap today though

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th May 05 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Repairs to the Corsa cost £157. New stub axle and bearings for the rear passenger wheel, and bearings for the rear drivers.

Got the Corsa back yesterday night and didn't drive it much. Tonight i took it out and had to go to Portsmouth. Went on the motorway and was doing 70 most of the way down there (15-20 miles).

When I got there the wheel that I had had trouble with was very hot. So hot it burnt my hand when I touched it. The drivers side was not any where near as hot and i could rest my hand on it. I am running steelies again at the moment and I am reluctant to drive the car icase i break it again

Can't ring the mechanic until monday, should i stop driving it? Cheers

Adam-D

15th May 05 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont drive it for long distances

hmm maybee it was over tightened or the brakes shoes are rubbing
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

15th May 05 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jack the back of the car up and see if the wheel spins freely without the handbrake on, sound like shoes touching the drum 2 me
mikehiow

15th May 05 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i noticed my rear wheel bearing going, as a REALLY annoying whirring sound quite early,
ainsley_brader

15th May 05 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a front wheel bearing sieze on a nissan cabstar pick up once. It snapped the stub axle in half and the wheel/disk/calliper/stub went rolling past me.

Luckily it was passenger side as it dropped about a foot on that corner and just followed the kerb until it stopped as i had no stearing or brakes.

Quite an experience!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th May 05 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just jacked the car up and the wheel is moving from sise to side again . Not happy, phoned the mechanic and it's going back down this afternoon.

ainsley_brader

15th May 05 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did he fit a new drum?

Assuming he fitted a new stub axle and bearings properly that only leaves the drum!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th May 05 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No new drum .

ainsley_brader

15th May 05 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the old outer bearings had spun inside th drum it could have worn the inside of the drum and should have been replaced.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa has had a bad night :( **UPDATE** 24 database queries in 0.0131571 seconds