corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine Management Light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Management Light
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th May 05 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Came on tonight. I was in a car park while my mate had a fag and I got bored so we started to roll back and i decided to bump start it. It didn't work. Kept rolling and ended up next to this micra with steamed up windows. People inside it were doing the dirty .
Did the bolt, turned the engine on and made for the exit. Dipped the clutch when i was at the exit, and the car dropped to about 250rpm. Then cut out . Engine management stayed on when I turned the car back on afterwards... Drove around for 10 minutes with it on then stopped and turned the car off for 5 mins. When I started it up again the light was off .

Does this mean the problem that it found was sorted?

Sorry for Essay

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
James

6th May 05 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably not sorted, you need to do a paperclip test mate, search on here and it wil tell you how to do it
VegasPhil
Premium Member

6th May 05 at 23:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James

Cheers matey... I'll look that up. Isn't the Vaux price for telling you what's wrong like £60?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
James

6th May 05 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup something stupid like that, probably even more.

Not 100% sure if you can do the paperclip test on ur car, couldnt do it on my old 1.0 12v but i can on my GSi.

Chances are it will be a sensor of some sort, hopefully wont cost too much to put right

If you do the paperclip test, stick the result up on here and someone should be able to give you a rough price to put it right

[Edited on 06-05-2005 by James]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine Management Light 24 database queries in 0.0114119 seconds