corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » norton security 2005

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author norton security 2005
GIBBS

User status: Offline
   6th May 05 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got new comp now all setup was perfect everything ran with each other perfect, norton internet security 2005 with email, msn etc.. etc.. all working fine, then last night the comp auto downloaded a security update for windows and now norton won't allow msn to work, it keeps bringing pop ups asking for me to allow or block msn but i click auto configure, or permit always or manually do the settings even manually done the firewall settings to always allow but it just doesnt listen and keeps bringing the pop up, up!!! HELP it's REALLY annoying.
GIBBS

6th May 05 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Corsa_A1

6th May 05 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Err, norton is one pain in the ass.
Its not allowing it to connect through the firewall.
Maybe un-install norton firewall, and install a 3rd party firewall (E.g. Windows, which is what i use).

Also double check your windows firewall is not on.
(Check settings-internet-security , or sumfin like it).

If the pop-up keeps apperaring, you myt have to allow several "components" to allow to work as well.

James_DT

6th May 05 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_A1
Err, norton is one pain in the ass.
Its not allowing it to connect through the firewall.
Maybe un-install norton firewall, and install a 3rd party firewall (E.g. Windows, which is what i use).

Also double check your windows firewall is not on.
(Check settings-internet-security , or sumfin like it).

If the pop-up keeps apperaring, you myt have to allow several "components" to allow to work as well.

Windows isn't third party. It's the only non third party one there is because it's part of Windows. Also, I feel you know nothing as your suggestion isn't even close to the problem or solution.

GIBBS - you need to find the section in the Settings that allows you to manually set each program, find MSN and select "Permit All" and it stops doing it. Mine did it too until I did that.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » norton security 2005 23 database queries in 0.0114851 seconds