corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » virgin.net broadband

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author virgin.net broadband
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd May 05 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment I am on their £24.99/month package, no contract, 512k, etc.

I phoned them up a few minutes ago saying how do I cancel as I can get 2Mb broadband on my line so as you only offer 512k I want to go to another ISP, they said to me they are offering 2Mb broadband in about 3-6 months, but as a retention tool they can upgrade my service to 1Mb within 7 days from today, at no extra cost to me, and apparently they are going to be upgrading everyone to 1Mb in a month anyway, as well.

To be honest I've not had any problems with virgin.net so I might see how much faster (to me) 1Mb is with them, the guy said if I still want to cancel after the 1Mb upgrade then all I need to do is give 30 days notice.

My brother recently had 2Mb broadband installed with BT and compared to his download speeds, I felt like I was on 56k or something!

Might still keep my options open though, as even for 1Mb I reckon £25 a month is a bit expensive...
V-Man

3rd May 05 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got an e-mail sayin i will get a 1mb upgrade from 512k, for the same price. but i dont know if i will or not, cos when i signed up, i couldnt get 1mb as the line wasnt good enuf, so i had to get 512. the line has had nothin done to it to my knowledge. so u reckon ill still get it if i do, ill be payin 25 for 1mb also which will be ok imo, seein as im on 512 for 25 at the moment.
Sam
Premium Member

3rd May 05 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When did you get this email?

I never got one!
V-Man

3rd May 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ages ago. just said we will be upgradin u to 1mb. i though ok, then deleted it. nuffin interestin.
Sam
Premium Member

3rd May 05 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might tell them I never got that email, don't feel like a value customer blah blah etc. and might try and blag 2Mb hehe!
V-Man

3rd May 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SORRY!! i was on virgin, but cancelled it and went to AOL (512k, unlimited download, 25 squid) that was what the e-mail was 4. sorry. the isp's seem to be doin the free upgradey thing though. 1mb for the same price as 512 still ok though.
Sam
Premium Member

3rd May 05 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry mate, I'll still try and blag 2Mb out of them yet!

Thing is, virgin.net broadband is essentially NTL, so I don't see why they can't offer 2Mb now and not near the end of 2005!
V-Man

3rd May 05 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u sure it wasn't a 2mb upgrade 'in your area' in 3-6 months. that was what my problem was, its gonna be upgraded to 1mb 'in my area' in june 2005 (at some point). they can still offer it to others now, just 'not in my area' till now
Sam
Premium Member

3rd May 05 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assumed it was across the board, he didn't mention anything about the upgrades being specific to my area.

He said he can upgrade my connection to 1Mb within 7 days from today, and they are gonna be offering a 2Mb service in 3-6 months.
V-Man

3rd May 05 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just upgrade it and see i spose
Munchie

3rd May 05 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

migrate to ukonline like i did! get a free month as well if u put me down as ure reffer

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » virgin.net broadband 23 database queries in 0.0096960 seconds