corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GSI Spolier and removing the rear window....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GSI Spolier and removing the rear window....
James@CCC

User status: Offline
30th Apr 05 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can u remove the window with the spoiler still on. It may be a silly question but i just need to find out as ill be smoothing the spoiler into the boot so it would be there forever
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Apr 05 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost certainly no, the glass is fairly tucked behind the spoiler at the top. Would be very difficult to refit the glass if you ever needed to.
PaulW

30th Apr 05 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think you can... well not easily anyways!
Jay

30th Apr 05 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could you not take the boot off and take it out from the inside? i aint got a clue lol
James@CCC

30th Apr 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm, that makes life VERY gay...
Ian
Site Administrator

1st May 05 at 01:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The glass won't come out inside, it sits on the outside of the lip which holds it in.

I don't see why you would need to remove the glass at any time? Not like they get smashed often and even if so, just crack and re-blend your spoiler.
James@CCC

1st May 05 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has to come out soon so i can sort out some rust sots underneath the rubber. so wot order should i do stuff, remove window, sort rust, put window back in, smooth and then paint?

i suppose that would be ok, im just worried about the paint quality. its having a colour change so i idealy wanted to do it with out the window in and also the window being there would make it harder to spray the underside of the spoiler.

my only other otion would to be to paint both parts, then put them togther and smooth and repaint so that id be more sure about the colour change.

i dunno, is this ^ just unnessesary. id be aiming to paint myself too so it would be good practise and not a wasre of a hundred quid getting it sprayed
James@CCC

1st May 05 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does that sound like a good plan or am i just wasting my time? would just the one colour change sufice?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » GSI Spolier and removing the rear window.... 23 database queries in 0.0213420 seconds