corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats this lot worth? c20xe with twin 48s

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats this lot worth? c20xe with twin 48s
Doug_SRi

User status: Offline
28th Apr 05 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"I'VE GOT A 2LT RED TOP ENGINGE FOR SALE WHICH IS RUNNING JUST OVER 200 BHP. ITS ONLY DONE 20 MILE CAN'T GET INSURED SO ON TO PLAN B EVERYTING THERE READY TO GO STRAIGHT IN. IT BORED TO A 2.1 WITH RACING PISTONS RUNNING TWIN 48 CARBS CAMS, PULLEYS, HEAD WORK, 4 BRANCH, IT ALL JUST BEEN RE-BULIT LOTS OF RECIPTS TO PROVE. EVERYTING INCLUDED"

thinking about buying this as I need a new engine, whats it worth and would you buy it? Comes with a new clutch but no gear box. verniers, kent cams, mahle pistons, stage 2 head, oversized 4 branch. Also had all gaskets replaced and timing kit. Also had crank reground and lots of other things. Has done about 100 miles since rebuild now. Has no rev limiter with it so presume fitting one would be easy enough?

[Edited on 28-04-2005 by Doug_SRi]
Doug_SRi

28th Apr 05 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
bradfincham

28th Apr 05 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmm, id say £800 -£1500 dependant how lucky you are
Doug_SRi

28th Apr 05 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well he says £1100 so think I will got for it as if it is all genuine with receipts and that its a good deal as i need a new engine and was planning on getting carbs which go for around £650 on ebay so looks like i will be picking it up on saturday
Jamie

28th Apr 05 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good choice mate
AK

28th Apr 05 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure its all as he says though....

The only real way to tell is by whipping the head and sump off to see whats in there.... If its 100miles or so it should still be good looking

Headwork will be obvious too

(only a new gasket)

[Edited on 28-04-2005 by Adam Kindness]
timrud_

29th Apr 05 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask the kid if he bought it from Cossvaux (well from my mates car which was there at the time)...

There can't be too many 2.1 engines running twin 48's that have recently been rebuilt.

If it is, then I have plenty of info on it....
Twiggy

29th Apr 05 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9858&item=4545946125&rd=1

BeArDy

29th Apr 05 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the RECIPTS for everything thats been done
ask for a RR graph, as over 200 is alot on carbs
i have a 2lt 16v on Carbs with carbs cam'ed head work unprate manifold etc and i only got 182bhp.

not really worth that much.
as i am selling my full corsa with the engine (2lt on Carbs) rebuild like that one about 100miles ago for £1500ovno

if its the one Tim is talking about is it coming from a kid from in wales who knows Izzacc with the Jag corsa?

even the one Tim is talking about was built to a high spec and he was just getting over 200bhp with 50shot of NOS.....
timrud_

29th Apr 05 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy I know which engine it is now, it's local to me but not the one that came from the Van

I can confirm the recent rebuild...
Joff

29th Apr 05 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rolling road graphs aren't worth buying an engine over. As long as you're sure the work has been done to a good standard and the parts are as described then you'll be fine.
Hogge TD

30th Apr 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's happened to the old engine? Was running fine at Knockhill... unlike the gearbox.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whats this lot worth? c20xe with twin 48s 23 database queries in 0.0092740 seconds