corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Auto Trader

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Auto Trader
iceman

User status: Offline
24th Apr 05 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone used this to sell a motor? How sucessful was it ?
Katie

24th Apr 05 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have. Ive just sold my micra on there and i also put up adverts in all the local supermarkets. 9 people rang and only 2 people had seen the adverts in the shops so i would recommend auto trader. I would list it on the website more than in the autotrader magazine though, as most people look on the internet IMO.

[Edited on 24-04-2005 by fox_e_lady]
N22CK_C

24th Apr 05 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used autotrader only the website tho and I got a good response surprising it was a 300 quid Micra
Twiggy

24th Apr 05 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had me saxo in for 2 weeks all i got was pricks saying they had a buyer and will pass on the number for £50!!! Not even a legit call!!

All depends on the price you want for it really.....
Katie

24th Apr 05 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by REDSPORT
I had me saxo in for 2 weeks all i got was pricks saying they had a buyer and will pass on the number for £50!!! Not even a legit call!!

All depends on the price you want for it really.....

I got bout 5 of them calls. Some company that find you a buyer and you have to give them a load of money. They used to get on my nerves.
corb

24th Apr 05 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had his xr2i go up on thursday last week for £850 and got £800 for it on Friday afternoon. I asked him what fuckin mug paid £800 for it
corb

24th Apr 05 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had that crap aswell when i put mine in Redline for sale. They got proper arsey when i started asking them all sorts of questions
Sam
Premium Member

24th Apr 05 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Canvassers?
Colin

24th Apr 05 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my MR2 to 1st person to view it!! Had to stick it in twice though because didnt get any calls 1st time it was in, second time 4 ppl called the day it went in
Sam
Premium Member

24th Apr 05 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The last car I sold was to some bloke on MIGWeb. Sold it for a few hundred quid less than the asking price, and had the cheek to take the piss out of it on there after buying it, then supposedly sold it for more than he paid for it.

Katie

24th Apr 05 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
The last car I sold was to some bloke on MIGWeb. Sold it for a few hundred quid less than the asking price, and had the cheek to take the piss out of it on there after buying it, then supposedly sold it for more than he paid for it.

Thats a bit of a shite thing to do!
NovaGTE

24th Apr 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my golf in there one day before it was sold, had 60 more phone calls for it since; but have not had a call about the astra.
Sam
Premium Member

24th Apr 05 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fox_e_lady
quote:
Originally posted by Sam

Thats a bit of a shite thing to do!

Thing was I was desperate for the money at the time, I didn't really have much choice in the matter!

Next time round I'll make sure I take my time selling it for the price I want...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Auto Trader 23 database queries in 0.0117912 seconds