corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Swapping Tailgates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Swapping Tailgates
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 05 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, Im off to a Vaux Breakers today hopefully to pick up another arden blue tailgate (one which hasnt been keyed )

If I do get one in good condition, what problems would I have swapping it over?

Is swapping the locks over going to be difficult or connecting the rear demisters etc?

What problems can I expect

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Apr 05 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I didnt get a tailgate (the scrappy guy got confused between arden blue and polar sea blue ffs)

I still wouldnt mind knowing how to swap em over if I ever do get hold of one

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
wezjax

22nd Apr 05 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

piece of piss mate. tap the two lifters off with a hammer or similar. unscrew all the wires for the motor etc and pull the loom out of the tailgate. remove the washers on the pin (hinge) then tap the pin out using a punch.

New Poll