corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Suspension advice - will Nova GSi sus fit for now?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Suspension advice - will Nova GSi sus fit for now?
mwg

User status: Offline
   21st Apr 05 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had lowering springs and uprated shocks put on my car 9th September last year at a garage. My car went for a service on 1st March this year and the garage said on the invoice 'Both front suspension struts have significant wear in them - MOT test may pick this up'

The MOT said they are very worn but they werent an MOT failure yet so it passed.

I phoned the garage up today and they said they would get in touch with Cobra (suspension manufacturer) and see what they would say about it.

The garage rang me back and said the suspension will have to be sent away to HOLLAND to be tested and I can have new suspension fitted but Cobra will charge me for a new set of suspension until the old suspension has been tested and found to be faulty :shock: then if its found to be faulty I will be refunded as it has a guarentee. This will probably take 2 weeks so I will be out of pocket for at least 2 weeks!

Thing is though why should I have to take the risk of paying for a whole new suspension set!

Anyone got any ideas? I dont have the standard suspension to put back on as it was knackered anyway.

Thanks

[Edited on 22-04-2005 by corsa_boy69]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Apr 05 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you fit the suspension yourself? is so consider cutting out the middle man (garage), they may be taking the long and expensive route for this,.
mwg

21st Apr 05 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I cant fit it myself. The garage said they arent charging me anything for removal and fitting of the suspension but they must be making money on the suspension units cos otherwise they wouldnt be offering to sort it for me!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Apr 05 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well,

your suspension is goosed, correct?

Thus you have no other option apart from spend money.

a) you go get yourself some shiney new suspension, job done.

b) you buy this stuff off cobra, they confirm their stuff is faulty and you get refunded

c) you buy this stuff off cobra, they confirm their stuff isnt faulty, thanks for your money!
mwg

21st Apr 05 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes my suspension creaks over speed humps and is worn out in 6 months!
So basically I gotta take the risk of possibly paying for new suspension and not being refunded. I'll just have to take that risk but seems a bit crap to me!
brummiesxi

21st Apr 05 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get in touch with cobra yourself, they should sort out any problems at there own expense under garentee/warrenty or provide an independant inspection via 3rd party?

email- info@cobra-suspension.com
Joff

21st Apr 05 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cobra is a cheap brand and has a good profit margin.

Did you have new top mounts fitted at the same time as the new shocks and springs?
mwg

21st Apr 05 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
Did you have new top mounts fitted at the same time as the new shocks and springs?

No I didnt. Do you think it could be something to do with bad fitting of the suspension kit?
I dont want to end up having the suspension sent off and then them saying there is nothing wrong with it and charging me for the new stuff!
bradfincham

21st Apr 05 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say go buy some better quality kit and fit that!
And tell cobra you want a refund which you have a right to, then you dont get shitty suspension again!
mwg

22nd Apr 05 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just rung the garage up and cancelled the order for the new suspension cos Im gonna borrow some standard stuff off a mate until it gets sorted then I dont have to take the risk of paying for new suspension.

If the Cobra suspension is found to be faulty can I then claim my money back? Cos been thinking I'll change to a different brand if I can get my money back off Cobra for it being faulty!
mwg

22nd Apr 05 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will Nova GSi suspension fit on my Corsa? Thats what my mate has got and says it will fit ok!?!
AdiSRI

22nd Apr 05 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it should fit fine, springs will be a bit soft but as a temporary thing yeh shud be ok.
mwg

22nd Apr 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it will only be a month at the very most.

If the suspension is found to be faulty would it be reasonable to expect to get a full refund?
mwg

22nd Apr 05 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Suspension advice - will Nova GSi sus fit for now? 23 database queries in 0.0164421 seconds