corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » engine conversions etc????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine conversions etc????
mad4corsa

User status: Offline
14th Apr 05 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im buying a corsa sri in 2 weeks *ash_corsa's* and first off im going to be doing the interior,re-trim etc, but then once i get more NCB's i want to put a different engine in there so it will be fast but nice looking at the same time.
What engine would you suggest to put in? il be 19 soon enough and 2 years NCB.
And how much would it cost overall to buy the engine and to fit,also how reliable would it be???
Andy GSi

14th Apr 05 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well fitting a 2.0 16v redtop will cost around £1500, and reliable..........ur always fixing it! theres a few cars iv know that have been ok, but most of them are never the same once u put into another car! if ya know what u r doing, it'l b ok! what engine is in it now? try a 1.6?
ed

14th Apr 05 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on... Put a 2.0 turbo in it Save up about a £1k to re-build it and recondition the turbo, the engone should cost you £1k or less and the fitting kit is £450, thats cheaper than the 2.0 16v fitting kit Oh, get good brakes too
mad4corsa

14th Apr 05 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a 1.4 sri engine in there at the moment no i dont want a 1.6,if there hassle i dont think il bother,cant be doing with taking it to the garage all the time,what would a turbo and chip do to a sri,how much bhp would it give out then?
ed

14th Apr 05 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would cost more and be more unreliable if you turbo'd the 1.4 engine. You can't just bolt on a turbo and let it do it's thing to an n/a engine i'm affraid
mad4corsa

14th Apr 05 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think il just stick to the 1.4 engine then, get a few NCB and buy a new car with power as standard.
thanks anyway lads.
ed

14th Apr 05 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you re-build the 2.0 16v engine fully, or replace most of the worn parts then you should have quite a strong engine. The problem most people have is they believe the person who they buy the engine off, because in the adverts for these engines you always hear that it's smooth running, always serviced e.t.c... All a load of bullshit though. Spend about £600 on getting the engine running nicely using new parts then you will minimise the ammount of problems you're likely to have...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » engine conversions etc???? 23 database queries in 0.0102310 seconds