corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ECU Light - P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ECU Light - P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
dodgie

User status: Offline
26th Mar 05 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I've started getting my ECU light come on, usually when driving on dual-carriageways and motorways (i.e. continuous driving at 70+mph). it tends to come on, then when I back off the throttle, it will go off.

I did the paper-clip diagnostics test and it's giving me a P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1) error. Dug out the Haynes manual and located the O2 Sensor. I've not had a proper fiddle, but it appears to rotate, althogh is firmly fixed into the exhaust manifold. Is this right? Why is the sensor only coming on at sustained high speed and not on my usual commute to work and trips to the shops etc.?

How much will a garage charge to fix this and how hard a jbo is it? Is it just a case of replacing the O2 sensor? If so, how much can I pick up one of those for?

Cheers

Rich
bri

26th Mar 05 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your engine is a Z12XE there is a good chance it is your air flow meter that is faulty
dodgie

27th Mar 05 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an X14XE (1999 1.4 Sport), will it still be the air flow meter? If so is that the one on the inlet past my airbox?

Cheers

Rich
danny-corsa

27th Mar 05 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem on my 1.0l both engines are xe's so are virtually the same principles. i used the proper diagnostic machine at work (tech 2) it said it was o2 sensor but i changed the air flow meter and the code was cleared. a faulty AFM gives a wrong air to fuel ratio reading meaning the amount of oxygen running through the exhaust is sometimes wrong thus creating the o2 sensor trouble code.
AFM are expensive for xe engines so get one from a scrappy or take the plug off the airflow meter but this will cause the light to stay on and it won't run perfect
Dav

27th Mar 05 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sounds like your AFM. I had this on my X12XE (also 1999) quite recently too. It was the little plugged section on the inlet just behind the airbox on mine. I found my foam induction kit did't help the problem, if you have one?
Along with the AFM, I had similar symptoms with my EGR valve and Idle Control valve. The 3 of them all went quite soon one after the other on mine.
danny-corsa

27th Mar 05 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall engines are sh1te with regards to throttle bodies, IACV's, air flows, and egr's when they fuck up jus clean em with carb or brake spray that usually sorts em but air flow meters always have to be replaced cos the wire in the middle of them normally snaps.
vxr220's keep coming in needing air flow meters cos the foam panel filters break up and they're a slag to replace

New Poll