corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sell my XE or not?

Poll: Sell my XE or not?
  Sell my XE now, save up to buy an already LETTED Corsa?
  Take mine off the road now/save/LET over winter?
  Take off the road in September & LET over winter? (not as much funding available this way tho as shorter time space, so maybe not as good)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sell my XE or not?
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
24th Mar 05 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really don't know what to do! Really bored of my XE, and i'm not sure if to sell up before the summer, even though thats when i might enjoy it most, but hey, i need to save for my LET!

Basically do i wait until September and take mine off the road, i'll be saving and buying each month until probably May 2006 when it will return to the road. This way it might not be as i want it.....

Take it off the road now and keep it, basically save now.........more time and more money = better corsa i hope!

Or just sell up and save for an already letted corsa like that GSi in the classifieds!

Got there in the end!

This is my current corsa!

[Edited on 24-03-2005 by X 60RSA]
Ojc

24th Mar 05 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, don't even dream of it.

You will love it in the summer.

Having my Nova those few days last week when it was sunny was excellent, it looked BOOo
pete_glover

24th Mar 05 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love that car mate!
Colin

24th Mar 05 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a good shell - ie no rust or that then stick the let in that 1!

Looks 1 of the cleanest GSi's ive saw in a while so yes do it
X 60RSA

24th Mar 05 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are the odd bits here and there, very tiny though, underneath is sound. If i kept this one i'd probably gut it and have it down the body shop anyway as i want it top banana!
Stu

24th Mar 05 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell the car now. Use that money (plus more saved money) to buy a fast standard car that is more suited to high power than a Corsa!

Colin

24th Mar 05 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Sell the car now. Use that money (plus more saved money) to buy a fast standard car that is more suited to high power than a Corsa!

Impreza maybe

Stu

24th Mar 05 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not necessarily.........had a few cars since the old 2 litre corsa, M3 Evo, Nissan 200sx.

Corsa was great but not much fun when it wont go round bends! Thats why i got bored anyway!
Colin

24th Mar 05 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you rate the M3 Evo?? E36 was it? Always fancied 1 of these but loving the woosh of my turbo too much atm
X 60RSA

24th Mar 05 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well once the LET is in, it will be put away each winter, was thinking about a scooby, just enjoy mine at the moment as i bought it for 2500 in September 2004, done nothing to it really. Thought i got a good deal really.

In a straight line its good, quite amusing having a dabble with people who've spent alot more than me on there brand new motors and the corsa waves lol

Probably just have it for shows/santa pod etc
Stu

24th Mar 05 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
How did you rate the M3 Evo?? E36 was it? Always fancied 1 of these but loving the woosh of my turbo too much atm

It was shocking.........the worst car I have ever owned. Had a 318is (same shape and colour) before the M3 and that was as bad. Uninvolving, too safe and too quiet!

My Corsa was great, but the main reason I got bored wasnt the straight line speed but its poor cornering abilities. We all know how boring putting your foot down is in a straight line and that all the Corsa could be used for! Spot on when you managed to get a race on a dual carriageway, as you said seeing other peoples faces was top!
Jambo

24th Mar 05 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want an M3

Or a lotus

Keep the corsa, they are cheap. servicing an LEt corsa is far cheaper than an M3 or an impreza. Unless youve got stcks of cash then buy sommit well quick innit
broster
Premium Member

24th Mar 05 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id save up take yours off the read now but a let and rebuild it, if you buy a preletted corsa whats to say it wont leak oil everywhere and be a pain in the arse!!!!
Colin

24th Mar 05 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:

It was shocking.........the worst car I have ever owned. Had a 318is (same shape and colour) before the M3 and that was as bad. Uninvolving, too safe and too quiet!

Hmmmmm well scrap that idea then think i'll keep the schooby a bit longer
Stu

24th Mar 05 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hmmmmm well scrap that idea then think i'll keep the schooby a bit longer

I would, the M3 was great for motorway miles and comfort etc etc. But its not the sort of car you'd get out on a Sunday morning and have a blat over the cat and fiddle. Well not unless you had a business meeting in Buxton!! Haha!
X 60RSA

24th Mar 05 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
id save up take yours off the read now but a let and rebuild it, if you buy a preletted corsa whats to say it wont leak oil everywhere and be a pain in the arse!!!!

Yeah, think i'll be buying a 1.1 fiesta to run around in for a year or 14months max, inclinded to have it off the road in april i think. Strip down time!
X 60RSA

24th Mar 05 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got a quote on a 1.1 Fiesta G reg, 500 quid TPFT with a 250quid refund on XE insurance, that 250 would go towards my fiesta insurance which would leave me with a tiny insurance amount each month and a tiny tiny fuel bill!

I can save!
Colin

24th Mar 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just buy all the bits over time and keep the XE on the road then then rebuild the let then sell your engine and plank in the LET!!! A £500 Fiesta sounds like a good idea but wil probably cost more than you think to keep on the road - its an old probably nackered car after all!!!
X 60RSA

24th Mar 05 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing 250miles a week in my XE, fuel bill is steep, plus my insurance is 130 a month............ 120 a month on fuel............2 much to fork out and also save up at the same time for me!

Plus i've got a holiday in cyprus in june need money for the strip joints there!
Colin

24th Mar 05 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm suppose - go for it then

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Sell my XE or not? 23 database queries in 0.0172698 seconds