corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » little bast*ds lockin wheel nuts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author little bast*ds lockin wheel nuts
V-Man

User status: Offline
   23rd Feb 05 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some fcukers broke into my car last night so i aint too happy. Took tools and stuff from my boot, lucky i didnt have my sub and amp yet, but they managed to take my lockin wheel nut lock with the other stuff. so now im screwed for gettin the lockin bolts off, how do i get them off without damagin my wheels, im gettin a new set of bolts tomorrow. little bastads. they didnt get into the glove compartment though! had my cd front in there, so i still got my cd player! sweet as.
so any suggestions for these lockin wheel nuts without damagin my wheels too much? cheers.
pavorotti

23rd Feb 05 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by some more or go to a back street tyre fitter who thinks he can get britney spears pants off!
Carr

23rd Feb 05 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they are cheap ones chisel the heads off easily but be careful of the alloys
RyeSt

23rd Feb 05 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

find a slightly smaller socket and hammer it over the top. How i did mine. then i found the lockin nut lol

[Edited on 23-02-2005 by RyeSt]
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Feb 05 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or wait for the little cocks to come back, let them nick your wheels, ambush em, get your stuff back and make sure they dont do it again.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
V-Man

23rd Feb 05 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m0nDe0
Or wait for the little cocks to come back, let them nick your wheels, ambush em, get your stuff back and make sure they dont do it again.

that was my plan too!
V-Man

23rd Feb 05 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carr
if they are cheap ones chisel the heads off easily but be careful of the alloys

they're mc guard ones. 40 quid. thought they were good at the time, hope they arn't now. lol
Adam_B

23rd Feb 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooh yes. socket over the top, you have to smack it really hard as the McGuard jobs are quite tough. Or you can ring McGuard in germany and get a new key, but that costs about £30
Will94

23rd Feb 05 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get locking wheel nut removing tools... sealey power products do one. Its a socket with a sharp left hand thread thats in a conical shape getting smaller as it goes further into the socket... idea is you turn it anti clockwise onto the head of the bolt until it bites, then work it on with a t-bar or impact wrench. Screws itself onto the head of the bolt then when its tight it undoes the bolt! Simple really... they aint expensive either. Nice to know its that simple 4 sum1 2 nick yer wheels eh
Adam-D

23rd Feb 05 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and were telling every fucker how to get wheel nuts off.
and someone who registered 10-odd days ago
CoastalCorsa

23rd Feb 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get locking wheel nut removal tools halford near me sell em for 15 quid
Will94

23rd Feb 05 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm good point adam... even tho at the end of the day like people have said if they really want yer wheels then they'll probly get em. All ya can do is try your best! tilt sensors and lockin nuts is all u can do tho, cept booby traps
V-Man

24th Feb 05 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided...im buyin a new set o high security lockin nuts, and Watling Tyres said they'll get my old bolt out, and put the new ones in .....for a tenner! so i said ok, ill get my new lockin nuts and get back to em! a tenner! saves shaggin my sockets sideways!

New Poll