corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Morrette indicator solution?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Morrette indicator solution?
sigibbons

User status: Offline
20th Feb 05 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks ian!
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Feb 05 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2183&TabID=1&source=15&WorldID=&doy=20m2

Best you'll do at that wattage is 8.2ohm

25W W/W 8.2R - P8R2

They're chassis mount so you'll have to screw it to a bit of metal, which will solve the heat issues. £1.20 each.
sigibbons

20th Feb 05 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks but its a discontinued item.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Feb 05 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't see that!

rswww.com have 17 watt, you'll need 10 or 15 ohm, not ideal though.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Feb 05 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Farnell link

[Edited on 20-02-2005 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Feb 05 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CPC don't list them either.

Really you need someone local as 8.2 might be wrong anyway, ideally you need to come home with the one above and below so you can swap and see what works. Thats why I first went to Maplin, not only is there probably one local but they also know what they're doing and would probably better advise if there is something more suitable.

The maths isn't so accurate that I'd want to pay a load of postage on a pair of resistors of one single value.

[Edited on 20-02-2005 by Ian]
sigibbons

20th Feb 05 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i might go back to the college i go to and ask them nicely.
sigibbons

20th Feb 05 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could just put a bulb in the wire and cover it up? bit bodged thjough.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Feb 05 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would work though, as would finding a relay made for 2 bulbs not 3. Not been fitted to cars sold in this country for many years, but you never know whats in the scrappy.
sigibbons

20th Feb 05 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too much work in hunting down a relay dont really have the time. I will just wire in a buld and hide it away mabybe behind the crash bar and wrap it up but not too much otherwise it will get too hot.
CoastalCorsa

20th Feb 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drill a 16mm hole into the inside lamp put either your standard indicator or sidelight bulb into that lense and then the other into the outside lense then get some indictors lenses that you put on the rear of a caravan which use a 18 wat bulb and mount it some where on the front of ya car so when it flashes it can be seen
i replaced the 18 wat bulb with a 22 wat thay are shaped abit like them torpedo sweets
CoastalCorsa

20th Feb 05 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this eliminates the circuit thinking that you have a bulb out and makes it flash at the correct speed
sigibbons

20th Feb 05 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any pics mate?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Morrette indicator solution? 23 database queries in 0.0106862 seconds