corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help regarding Corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help regarding Corsa
bwbw

User status: Offline
16th Feb 05 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Howdy all, Basically i've got a 1.4 8V Corsa and when it seems to be low on fuel it starts to "judder" and then goes back to normal, Example of this is after you go round a right hand corner or roundabout then apply gas it kinda dies down for couple of seconds and then will go back again (Fuel gauge goes down when this is done). Occasionaly the Engine Management Light comes on. It's a 1996 Corsa B. I wsa thinking it could be a dodgy sensor within the engine. Also the car is using too much fuel by my thinking, I only get about 70-80 miles out of a tenner.

Cheers for any help

Chris
Rileysport

16th Feb 05 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

70-80 miles to a tenner is about par , i'm gettin 60 to a tenner at the moment
bwbw

16th Feb 05 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not the main issue here though, its the fact about the juddering and lack of power
Suddy

16th Feb 05 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have the same engine on a 95 corsa mate. Does this juddering occur when the engine is still cold or you have just started your journey?
Had the same problem, seems to be ok if you don't let the fuel get too low, doesnt seem to pick it up well on cornering.
Also regarding your fuel consumption, that's bout 28 to the gallon, same as I was getting, if i drive a bit more sensibly I can touch on 33, usually its bout 30 tho coz I boot it a lot

[Edited on 16-02-2005 by Suddy]
Rileysport

16th Feb 05 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel pump, filter, fuel pressure regulator could be all sorts
bwbw

16th Feb 05 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happens when the engine is both hot and cold, normally it's around about 90 Degrees. Though it takes a good 5mins to heat up (aint sure if thats normal). Is 28MPG generally what corsas are on. I don't boot the car a lot, hardly ever. Thing is the fuel always goes kinda low and it's starting to become a problem. Also there is a bad smell of petrol sometimes during a journey and after it. Thinking it could be the injectors or the lambda or knock sensor.
Suddy

16th Feb 05 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth a look mate. I find mine takes longer than that to heat up. Gonna check the sensors on mine coz i have smelt fuel once or twice. The combined figures for that particular engine in the corsa are 38-41mpg. I put my poor economy down to my driving and the fact the engine has done 122,000 miles
bwbw

16th Feb 05 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is just near enough approaching 100k (97k just now) The person I bought it off didn't use it much as it was a second car, just wondering if that would contribute to it
Suddy

16th Feb 05 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure mate but mine came from auction, had been a trade in and was sitting about for a couple of months. Needed a bit of breaking in again, mite be why i get better economy now, only ever put a full tank of fuel in it now too, not £10 etc anymore.
Satsta

16th Feb 05 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be a long shot but what about ur EGR valve?

might be that...?
bwbw

16th Feb 05 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EGR Valve ? Explain ?

New Poll