corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cheap exhaust noise

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheap exhaust noise
Suddy

User status: Offline
9th Feb 05 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was driving along the other day when I turned off my music to hear what sounded like my exhaust louder then normal after changing to 5th. Upon stopping I discovered most of the tip of my standard backbox had rusted off. So it would seem i'm now the proud owner of a 1" slash rusted backbox
Have to say, it gives a not bad noise at low rpm, need somebody to drive past me to hear it properly tho.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Feb 05 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It shouldn't make it all that louder unless the condition of the tip is a reflection of what state the silencers are in.
Will94

9th Feb 05 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the internals of the boxes are probly crumbling away, causing the change in note!
Suddy

10th Feb 05 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hadn't occured to me. Tbh its not massively loud, but it could prolly do with a new one, only just got the car recently and haven't had a chance to do anything to it. Was no service history with it, damn auction place Any idea what the engine code would be for it? It's a 1.4i Corsa Ls, '95. Thanks.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Feb 05 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C14NE I think.

They 8v are all mostly the same.
Red_SXi

10th Feb 05 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GET A SEBRING

New Poll