corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Tutorials & FAQ » Body Modifications » Fitting aftermarket mirrors tutorial

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting aftermarket mirrors tutorial
Coblet

User status: Offline
7th Feb 05 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, after seeing that there wasn't a tutorial here to cover this, I thought I'd just whip something up for you guys - it's a fairly simple procedure anyway, but Haynesy can be a bit vague at times. This is for manual, non-heated and non side repeater mirrors only.

Tools Required

8mm Socket and ratchet (preferably with extender)
Flat headed screw driver
About 10 minutes (if that!)

Step 1
Remove the internal mirror adjustment jobby by squeezing the base a bit and then pulling.

Step 2
Grab your flat headed screwdriver and prise off the internal trim by popping the two clips out in the places indicated below.

Step 3
Now get your socket and ratchet, bung the extender on (theres not enough depth in one of the holes to get the bolt off), and undo the bolts (circled) in a clockwise direction from the top (I found this easiest).

Step 4
Remove the mirror (from the outside) and you will be left with this:

Simply place your new (hopefully not M3) mirrors back in the holes that are left, and bolt them in using the ones from the old mirror. I then plugged the internal adjusting jobby back in to save there just being a silly hole left behind, as the DTMs I got didn't have an adjustment stick thingy.

So easy

[Edited on 07-02-2005 by Ian]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Tutorials & FAQ » Body Modifications » Fitting aftermarket mirrors tutorial 24 database queries in 0.0076952 seconds