corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plasma Vs LCD

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plasma Vs LCD
Dom

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 05 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ScottyBrum
ah mate thanx for the advice but i want one that is wall mountable, decided thats what i want to do, so although u havent seen many with Plasmas/LCD's wall mounted - i'm a tricky customers who wants to

wall mounting is not a problem with plasmas/lcds mate you can even get tilting brackets and movable brackets etc All it does mean is that you use a solid wall especially if your using a plasmas as they weigh a good 25Kgs+.

Also if you placing it above a fireplace, make sure that the surface your mounting it onto, and the area in general, doesnt get to 30c+ - otherwise it will reduce the life span of it
ScottyBrum

3rd Feb 05 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, i've got a seven oaks not far from me so i'll pop in there and have a scout round etc. And u hit the nail on the head - while im decorating im chasing a route for the cables into the wall so all will be hidden and no dodgy plastic trunking going towards the tele Being an electrician helps and cables on display is one of my pet hates
Tiesto

3rd Feb 05 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my HDMI DVD player, Panasonic S97 for £200.

And Sky is releasing Hi-Def in 2006.

[Edited on 03-02-2005 by Corsa_1.0]
ScottyBrum

3rd Feb 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm i only just read the 2nd part of your post dom where u said about the wall mounting. I know it's not a problem with plasmas/LCD's was just refering to Corsa_1.0's comment about the DLP not being wall mountable. Also you must have an insight into my mind as it is going to be above a fireplace
Dom

3rd Feb 05 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ScottyBrum
Cheers mate, i've got a seven oaks not far from me so i'll pop in there and have a scout round etc. And u hit the nail on the head - while im decorating im chasing a route for the cables into the wall so all will be hidden and no dodgy plastic trunking going towards the tele Being an electrician helps and cables on display is one of my pet hates

but yes i do recommend seven oaks loads, not on prices i admit (get the screen off the net), but they all seem to know what there chatting about and have little listening rooms to where you can bring a DVD in (i recommend atleast one Ani movie like Ice Age) and they will connect the screen up in the way you ask - unlike dixions that just use distribution amps for everything

the only thing i know is the seven oaks usually only sell screens only (ie: the plasma/lcd that dont have speakers, tuner etc) so double check etc etc Also, what ever you do dont go down the addon multimedia box that offers loads of inputs for xx quid - all the ones i have seen are crap, really crap, and they all usually fire it out the VGA port (most screens have these) - only scalers i have seen that work are mucho ££ (ie: 10k)

have fun though mate
kev_corsa

3rd Feb 05 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just bought a load of home cinema gear, I bought a 26" Philips LCD - very impressed with the picture quality considering the price, looks very smart too My dad has just bought a Toshiba LCD, but the picture quality on my Philips is far better than his - I'm using it as PC monitor too, which is pretty cool and a something which you may cnsider because I dont think you do it on a plasma? or even if you could, I think the plasma screens are prone to burning in if left on the same still image for a long time - not too sure, but I think thats the case.

Also bought a Denon ADV-550SD - which is the DHT-550SD system without the Denon speakers, very impressed. Coupled them with some new speakers - the Mission FS1's which I havent recieved yet - cant wait though My room is only 6ft by 8ft!

[Edited on 03-02-2005 by kev_corsa]
Dom

3rd Feb 05 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good kev
but aye you can use plasmas as monitors and majority of plasmas have VGA/DVI as standard But both suffer from forms of burn-in, but yes plasma do suffer from it a bit more

i give you cred on the denon gear though, good choice although the AVC-A1SRA or new A1XV AV amps is what your after but mucho cash
Not sure about missions now tbh, but you cant go wrong though

btw, you got the model # for your philips?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plasma Vs LCD 23 database queries in 0.0085809 seconds